Good dvd/svcd/vcd player for TV

vbimport

what is the best dvd player for a TV, that plays dvds, svcds, vcds and the x versions as well.

i heard the xwave dvd players play everything fine (everything = dvds, pressed vcds, cdr vcds/svcd, dvdr s etc...)

anyone have a view on this?

btw, when people refer to a 'standalone' dvd player, does that mean a dvd player that only plays dvd not vcds/svcd??

:smiley:
Ive got a Wharfdale from our local supermarket at at tescos - i did a fair bit of research on this as i have so many friends not being able to play certain types of media.
You will FIND the more expensive they are the less they play ! :eek:

Trust me on this one buddy - in fact ive just had another buddy spend £4oo on a sony model and hes well cheesed off because it will not play anything except the original dvd !!! Told him but he would not listen :rolleyes:
i paid @ £100 for mine - in fact it was mentioned in a magazine - WHAT DVD/ HIFI or summat like that and tescos sold out on several occasions…
:cool:

what can this tesco one play?

btw i got a cousin who paid ~ £500 for a sony set too and it is shit :wink:

svcd - vcd - mp3 - normal audio - and of course dvd

Model M5

does it play cdr-s and dvd-rs?

in fact i have svcd on cdr but no dvdrs - does it play the cdr vcd/svcd ok??

if yes i will get 1 :slight_smile:

Yes it plays cdr,s but never tried a dvd r as yet i,ll try to get hold of one and give it a whirl - cant see why not though as it plays anything i throw at it.
It says on the front end DVD/CD/MP3 Player- - so cant see it being a problem.
Quality is as expected from dvd and it depends on the backup source as to the quality of the vcd/svcd but i’m cool with it.

Hope this helps buddy.

:bow:

i think i will get 1 if i can find 1 :slight_smile:

Goto www.vcdhelp.com and check the dvd-player option in the menu, you can now select everything you want to have on a player you need and voila a list pops out with all compatible players.

if you can still get your hands on an Apex… do it. They aren’t that expensive and the playback is wonderful for DVD, VCD, SVCD, and MP3