Good DVD+-R 4.7GB media for iHAS124F or DH20A3H

vbimport

Hello,
I usually bought Verbatim MCC004 made in Taiwan or India. At the speed of x8 the recording quality was good (Nero index 93 or higher, at most hundreds PIF, maximum PIE of 12-16). The old stocks run out. The new discs have fatal quality. I tried both Taiwan and India media, various recording speeds, other manufacturers. What happened? What media do you recommend?
AK

This is more for the Blank Media forum as the bad quality of current media is device independent. That said the CMC pro made TYG03 DVD-Rs are pretty good. I have a spindle of Value Grade and even though they are value grade they are pretty good, also with the iHAS124F. I found out it is better to disable FHT with these. The adhoc made up write strategy is not as good as the built-in one. So I have Smartburn on, Online HT on, FHT off. If you want to make sure, get the non value grade (i.e. A-Grade) ones.
Also MCC03RG20 is still acceptable. I believe the printable “Pro” one (comes in a clear box and is for professional use) is a little bit better than the retail one.
None of these come close to the quality of old MCC004, though. I have 8 year or so old, scratched DVD+Rs which still scan better than some new burns.

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2776810]Hello,
I usually bought Verbatim MCC004 made in Taiwan or India. At the speed of x8 the recording quality was good (Nero index 93 or higher, at most hundreds PIF, maximum PIE of 12-16). The old stocks run out. The new discs have fatal quality. I tried both Taiwan and India media, various recording speeds, other manufacturers. What happened? What media do you recommend?
AK[/QUOTE]
This depends on where you can order the media makes a big difference as to what you can buy or get. If you can tell others where your from then they can give you options where you can buy or locate media that will work for you.

I never had much of a problem with the Verbatim’s with the AZO…Like coolcolors said, where are you from and what are you using these for?

I understand wanting quality and all, but in my experience typically it makes very little difference in most applications (DVD, Data Backups, Audio) and the only time I personally have ever run into issues is when I was using them in consoles or something (for verbatims).

I’m obtaining excellent results with “CMC MAG. AM3” with my DH20A3H. I didn’t tested with iHAS122 F (here in Brazil is very, very difficult find any iHAS124 drives… normally we find only iHAS122 drives)…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2777938]This depends on where you can order the media makes a big difference as to what you can buy or get. [/QUOTE]
Could You explain? I’m from Poland.
Regards,

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2782655]Could You explain? I’m from Poland.
Regards,[/QUOTE]

Do you know of any websites which sell media & ship to Poland? That will influence our suggestions.

And maybe we can find alternative websites which ship a wide variety of media that will work for you.

I really do not understand why you say that the discs bought in the store in Poland, are worse than the same bought abroad? I always buy discs from trusted suppliers.