Good deal at Costco Canada on TDK 8x Printables

vbimport

This week Costco Canada is having an special on TDK printables,+R and -R, made in Taiwan by CMC Magnetics.
It’s a 2x1 deal, 2 spindles of 50 for 26.99 cdn, the price of 1 spindle.
I just burnt 1 with my 716A and actually was better than I expected.

PIE        POE        POF
   Avg       2.56          -          -
   Max         18          -          -
 Total      45371          -          0

DVD Identifier info:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [E01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Do you need a coupon for this? Or can you just walk in and buy them at that price?

forgot to add, the DVD-R are TTG02, so I would go with those if possible. :slight_smile:

They hand out coupons at the door.

My dad just came home with two DVD-R spindles of these… Should I ask him to return them for DVD+R or keep the -R? I only use my DVD’s to store data on them (data which I don’t want to lose in 1 year) so if the +R are better, I’d go ahead and exchange them. I just might start burning movies though, since I can get a ton of these if they are really worth getting at this price.

I can’t believe how cheap these are!

PS. I haven’t opened them yet, as I’m not sure if I will be keeping them. The package says they are made in Taiwan, and I think I’ve read somewhere on here that the TDK made in Taiwan aren’t very good. I’m not sure what “not good” means around here ; will they die in a week? will they all turn to coasters? will they last me 7 years instead of 250 with Tayo Yuden? :wink:

Also, FYI, I have a GSA-4160B :slight_smile: So far not one coaster burning BenQ DVD+R 8X. (Only burnt 50 discs though…)

Sorry for the two posts, but I couldn’t find the “edit” button anymore. Does it disappear after a while?

Yeah you have 30 minites to edit.:slight_smile:

The DVD-R which are TTG02 are pretty good. I don’t know about the DVD+R’s though as they are made in India. I think by Bayer Moeser. Anyone have any experience with the DVD+R’s?

Can anyone confirm that theTDK 8x Printables sold at Costco Canada ( DVD-R )are indeed TTGO2 or are they made by CMC Magnetics? Ricotipo has confirmed that the DVD+R are from CMC but nobody has confirmed what the DVD-R’s are. Would be appreciated. Thanks.

stay away from +R MIT, they are CMC and they burnt pretty bad on both BenQ and NEC drives
The -R which is TTG02, burns very good on my BenQ and NEC drive.
I do not have the +R made in India, but MB should be good

says who?
NEC drives at least can burn CMC media with very good quality.

Has anybody found out if the TDK 8X Printables ( DVD-R) at Costco are made by CMC Magnetics or are they from TTGO2?

DVD-R are TTGO02. I burnt a couple.

I agree. NEC 3540 and BenQ 1620 can burn CMCMAG.E01 and TTG02 nicely at their rated speed.

With a Plextor 716A the burns using E01 are not too bad, just
aceptable, nothing spectacular.
But the TTG02 are just awful. Worst than anything I burnt
before. And I still having 48 to go!!!