Good Compat Camcorder

vbimport

Can anyone recommend!! please

Which features do you need?

For example: Zoom, stereo sound, recording medium, etc.

While not technically a camcorder, the Panasonic DMC-TZ7 digital camera is very compact, while also capable of taking HD video footage (720p), stereo sound and 10x optical zoom. It stores its video footage on SDHC.

[QUOTE=Seán;2453744]Which features do you need?

For example: Zoom, stereo sound, recording medium, etc.

While not technically a camcorder, the Panasonic DMC-TZ7 digital camera is very compact, while also capable of taking HD video footage (720p), stereo sound and 10x optical zoom. It stores its video footage on SDHC.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for a camcorder for basic video recording such as friends, family and so on…

Here’s a review of 10 pocket camcorders, http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/collection/1600/top_hd_pocket_camcorders.html

The Kodak Zi8 looks promising.

For family & friends filming, a pocket camera would be a better choice, as it is significantly cheaper and lighter than a traditional camcorder. What makes them so small is the lack of optical zoom. If you plan taking a digital camera when you travel, you can easily take photos of anything you want close-ups and using the pocket camera for all your motion video. Unless you plan using the camcorder on its own while travelling or for filming plays, you’ll get away without optical zoom.

If you need zoom or for it to take good photos also, probably the best option is the one I mentioned above, i.e. the DMC-TZ7. It is one of the smallest cameras I’m aware of where you can use optical zoom while taking video footage.

Another thing worth doing is visiting an electronics store to see what a few are like, even if you don’t plan purchasing from that store. At least this way you’ll have an idea of what the actual size, weight and feel are like. :wink:

WoW, the DMC-TZ7 has 12x optical zoom…what a great camera :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info