Good burner for cheap media?

can anyone tell me what is the ideal burner drive for cheap media
unfortunately the place where i live , i can find good media and the verbatim ones are very expensive
thanks in advance

What kind of media?

in most case i find Ritek media branded Arita or any thing else like ANV or ridata
8x at most cases

:frowning: Never had luck with 8x ritek media, but i think that i pioneer should do the job.

8x Ritek -Rs are to be avoided (most often they’re RITEK G05, discs with the shortest lifespan in the universe)…8x Ritek +R should be alright though.

Anyway, back to the topic. I second vroom’s Pioneer suggestion - they’ll burn anything :wink:

The 116(D) (IDE) and 216 (SATA) are the latest Pioneer models.

ok
but as you can notice in a place where there are not good media, there are not good burners too
i had never seen a pioneer here
there are : optiarc 5170 and a lot of liteon dh20a4p and also samsung very cheap drives also

All three drive should be very good with good quality media, but [U]maybe[/U] the liteon is a little better with cheap or low grade media.

I still would have prefer to pay some extra money to get good quality media if it was for my personal data.

thank you very much
i thougt that samsung would be better as it has a Tilt Actuator Compensation Technology that Improves recording capability on deformed media.

nevertheless i trust you ,
so go for liteon and thanks a lot

You can always burn a dvd with all three drives, and scan with the liteon and do a transfer rate test with the optiarc, after that you can decide what you think gives you the better result.

ok for that
thank you very much

indeed as you said he liteon was the best for these type of media
it gave me the less and the lowest PIE and PIF
thank you a lot again

Looks nice for G05 media :).

[quote=vroom;2128825]Looks nice for G05 media :).[/quote] They might not look so good months from now. Time will tell.

I know about the G05 reputation, i am avoiding them.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2128849]They might not look so good months from now. Time will tell.[/QUOTE]

indeed i have some old G05 and they don’t work anymore
unfortunately there are no other brand here

What country are you from? Surely you can also buy CMC MAG or MBI stuff like everyone else?

Don’t buy G05 regardless of how cheap they are! If you can get Ritek, then at least get RitekF1 or F16 - which can burn nicely on Pioneer 115/215 at 8x.

+R Ritek or 16x -R Riteks should work fine. So stick to +R ritek(4x,8x,16x) or 16x -R Ritek or try to find some CMC MAG,MBI or even prodisc stuff.

But if the choice is limited to the very expensive verbatims or to spend money over and over again and reburning disc’s over and over again on RitekG05 then I clearly would choose to pay for the expensive verbatims.

[QUOTE=Architectonic;2130410]What country are you from? Surely you can also buy CMC MAG or MBI stuff like everyone else?

Don’t buy G05 regardless of how cheap they are! If you can get Ritek, then at least get RitekF1 or F16 - which can burn nicely on Pioneer 115/215 at 8x.[/QUOTE]

My friend I live in Tunisia
I had never seen a CMC right here
ritek

[QUOTE=Architectonic;2130410]What country are you from? Surely you can also buy CMC MAG or MBI stuff like everyone else?

Don’t buy G05 regardless of how cheap they are! If you can get Ritek, then at least get RitekF1 or F16 - which can burn nicely on Pioneer 115/215 at 8x.[/QUOTE]

My friend I live in Tunisia
I had never seen a CMC right here
ritek F16 yes
And there are no Pioneer here too
cruel world my friend

[QUOTE=labo_2000;2130422]
ritek F16 yes
[/QUOTE]

Then, those are the discs I would pick :slight_smile:

My F16’s burn very nicely on my Samsung drive (haven’t tried them with my LiteOn or Optiarc).