Gonna be a dad

After a few days of uncertainty we (me and girlfriend) got the results back.

If everything works out ok, i’ll be a daddy around december. :bigsmile::cool:

Let’s prepare (mentally). :wink:

[QUOTE=chef;2030605]Let’s prepare (mentally). ;)[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I think i need to teach myself the parental settings on the dvd player and consoles for the first time in my life. :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Mr B. :flower:

Probably we’ll be seeing a lot more of you during the night time then :wink:

Congratulations on your promotion to Daddy, Mr. Belvedere! :flower:

Congrats from me also :slight_smile:
Enjoy the time being a daddy, even it’s hard sometimes :slight_smile:

Congrats, Mr. B and the missus! :bigsmile: :clap:

Hope you don’t mind, but I thought great news like this warranted a move to the main LR :flower:

Congratulations, there is no other feeling like it. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Gefeliciteerd Belly :wink:

Having seen this happen to friends of mine, you’ll age 10 years in 2009, after the baby is born :wink:

Congrats Mr. Belvedere. Time to stock up on diapers!

Congrats Mr B, I been there and done that, all I can say is " You don’t know the real meaning of Love until you have a Child". :wink:

Congratulations and may the force be with you. mmmmmmmmm

Congratulations. :iagree: :clap: :slight_smile:

Congratulations [B]Mr. B[/B] :flower::flower:
Don’t worry to much about the parental controls on the DVD player. You wont have time to watch any DVD’s :D.

Seriously, congrats to you both. :clap::clap:

this is awesome news Mr B…After having a little one in my life…you begin to change the way you look at things…and wonder how something soooo small can make you feel so proud…my best wishes for the mom-to-be and for you!!

Congratulations on the prospective new arrival. However, you should enjoy your last few months of freedom while you can as it won’t be long until you have a new relentless dictator running your household. :wink:

[QUOTE=philamber;2031070]Congratulations on the prospective new arrival. However, you should enjoy your last few months of freedom while you can as it won’t be long until you have a new relentless dictator running your household. ;)[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Must complete several games and watch lotsa movies before it’s all filled up with Dora The Explorer or Sesame Street crap. :slight_smile:

It’s strange you look at the world differently when there’s a kid expected…

We have some friends who drive a very nice BWM with a very nice sound system. But all their 3-year old wants to hear is children songs.

Fortunately we’ve also seen the opposite. An aunt has a 1-year old and all the baby wants to hear is Evanesence or Within Temptation. :slight_smile:

There is one trick I always tell parents to do for kids. That is start when they are 3 or four giving them a dollar or two a week not change that they can keep in there room. As they get 5 or six they will want things as mine did. With my younger two that we did this with my wife would negotiate with them when they want certain items that she thought they did not need or was to much. They would end up paying for it out of there money or pay part of it. You should have seen there faces the first few times they had to hand over some of those dollars they had saved. As they got older we found that these to kids unlike the two older siblings knew that there were so many dollars a person had and they were tighter with there money. My youngest I even gave a credit card to when she went to college and not once did she put over 50 dollars a month on it.
To many people give kids change but change is more like something to play with. Other open up checking accounts for there kids or savings but it both cases the kids do not see see see the money and that there is only so much of it. I now give each of my grandkids a dollar a week which is five now to be six next week when the other is born. Some of my grandkids are not 13 and 14 and they not only have had to spend some of there dollars but they do not do it without thinking about it. The parents now have opened savings accounts and had them put some of it in there. It seems that with cash for birthdays and such these kids have a few hundreds of dollars now even after buying things like playstation. The point they have learned at a young age is that there is so much money that a person has.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2031198]I hear ya. Must complete several games and watch lotsa movies before it’s all filled up with Dora The Explorer or Sesame Street crap. :slight_smile:

It’s strange you look at the world differently when there’s a kid expected…

We have some friends who drive a very nice BWM with a very nice sound system. But all their 3-year old wants to hear is children songs.

Fortunately we’ve also seen the opposite. An aunt has a 1-year old and all the baby wants to hear is Evanesence or Within Temptation. :)[/QUOTE]
You have no idea YET! :bigsmile:

Good luck Mr. Belvedere, and congratulations to you and the missus!! :flower:

We have a little on the way too, coming in for a landing probably around June 15-16th.

This will make #5. We will be stopping with the kid action now… :iagree: