Golfer66 trouble opening movie

I have version 4012 and it can’t open a movie. Anyone one can help?

[QUOTE=golfer66;1946160]I have version 4012 and it can’t open a movie. Anyone one can help?[/QUOTE]DVD movie? I know your new but you need to start a new thread.

I can’t open a movie with the version 4012 of DVD fab platinum. Can you help?

If you’re trying to [B]play[/B] a DVD you’re using the wrong program. Try this site: DVD Player Software.

If not, [B]rolling56[/B] is right - you need to get into the right thread or start a new one.

Ups! When I try to copy Deadwood 3rd season, with DVD fab platinum version 4012, the software doesn’t move beyond “opening the dvd”, till a point where it blocks.
Can you help rolling56?

hi golfer66 i started a new thread for you to discuss your problem.

[QUOTE=golfer66;1946160]I have version 4012 and it can’t open a movie. Anyone one can help?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=golfer66;1946207]I can’t open a movie with the version 4012 of DVD fab platinum. Can you help?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=golfer66;1946238]Ups! When I try to copy Deadwood 3rd season, with DVD fab platinum version 4012, the software doesn’t move beyond “opening the dvd”, till a point where it blocks.
Can you help rolling56?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=golfer66;1946268]I have the 4012 version. I bought Deadwood 3rd season. To see these in Europe I need to break the codes and burn them in dvd’s. When I try, the software doesn’t go beyond the " open dvd source". How can I move fwd?[/QUOTE]

there is a guide available for dvdfab at http://dvdfab.com/docs/ . read up to learn more about how the program works.

can you explain exactly what you are doing. you open dvdfab, insert a dvd disc into dvd drive, then… what are you doing? do you get errors? help us help you.

thanks troy

I moved these posts from a thread that was not applicable. :cop:

How can I back up deadwood series? What are my options to get help? Do I have to sign up for something?

[quote=troy512;1946336]hi golfer66 i started a new thread for you to discuss your problem.

there is a guide available for dvdfab at http://dvdfab.com/docs/ . read up to learn more about how the program works.

can you explain exactly what you are doing. you open dvdfab, insert a dvd disc into dvd drive, then… what are you doing? do you get errors? help us help you.

thanks troy[/quote]

I open dvdfab, insert the dvd disc into the dvd drive. Usually I get a message “opening dvd source …” and then I can click the start icon. With this dvd it stays for more than 30 min with the window " opening dvd source" and doesn’t move fwd, till it crashes.

with the dvd drive empty, open dvdfab and in custom settings change the pathplayer option to disable. is the disc scratched? you say “with this dvd”, i take it that other dvds will still open correctly? what dvd are you trying to back up?

troy

[QUOTE=troy512;1946978]what dvd are you trying to back up?

troy[/QUOTE]Deadwood 3rd season

[quote=troy512;1946336]hi golfer66 i started a new thread for you to discuss your problem.

thanks troy[/quote] If you would have taken the time to look I already did this and Pmd the user. I will now merge the thread. Please leave the Moderating to the Moderators.:cop:

f you would have [B]taken the time to look[/B] I already did this…

alan1476:) sorry for impersonating a moderator:cop:. i did that 21 hours ago, but not as trying to do your job. just to help golfer66 without taking the other thread off topic.

[QUOTE=rolling56;1946981]Deadwood 3rd season[/QUOTE]

thanks i now see that in post #5.:doh:

Thanks troy512. It’s working now!
Probably I’ll have to undo that for the other dvd’s discs.

dvdfab by default sets pathplayer to ‘enable when necessary’. you had the error during opening dvd. pathplayer will not default unless error when copying. this might be something for fengtao to look into.

thanks troy

Enable PathPlayer when necessary (default)
DVDFab will not enable PathPlayer in normal cases when opening a DVD. Once DVDFab [B]detects a reading error when copying DVD[/B], it will ask user to restart DVDFab to reopen the DVD using PathPlayer. In this way, DVDFab has the ability of opening DVD as fast as before, and uses PathPlayer when really necessary.
This is the default option for PathPlayer, since PathPlayer can take up to several minutes to open a DVD, DVDFab will try to avoid it if possible.