Golden Compass and Ripit4me

vbimport

Any one had any luck using Ripit4me to decrypt Golden Compass??

1. At first I was getting a “couldn’t create target rip directory” error message.
    -This is easily solved by removing the brackets, “<” and “>” from around the title.

2. Then, I get stuck at the create PSL2 file stage.
    Anyone know how to get around this??

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2047632]Any one had any luck using Ripit4me to decrypt Golden Compass??

1. At first I was getting a “couldn’t create target rip directory” error message.
    -This is easily solved by removing the brackets, [B]"<" and “>”[/B] from around the title.

2. Then, I get stuck at the create PSL2 file stage.
    Anyone know how to get around this??[/QUOTE]

What Region is this on?

I’m R2 and I haven’t tried this one yet but have it on order.

Some recent R1 discs have had invalid characters in the title, ‘3:10 to Yuma’ being one example but the R2 version didn’t have any such problems.

Try the free version of DVDFab in the meantime.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2047763]What Region is this on?

I’m R2 and I haven’t tried this one yet but have it on order.

Some recent R1 discs have had invalid characters in the title, ‘3:10 to Yuma’ being one example but the R2 version didn’t have any such problems.

Try the free version of DVDFab in the meantime.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks Wombler.
Its region 1.
When will it be available in Region 2?
Ive already made a copy using the free dvdfabhd.
However, Id still like to use ripit4me on this movie, if its possible.

BTW, regarding ‘3:10 to Yuma’, I think it was a different problem, at least for Region 1. With ‘Yuma’, you could download DVD to HHD, but then Shrink would not recognize the files on the HDD.

I’ve got the Region 1 with the exact same issue. Removed the special characters “<” and “>” from target directory but PSL takes 4ever and fails using Ripit4me.

Trying DVDFab now. Thanks.

[QUOTE=tinfoilhat;2047920]I’ve got the Region 1 with the exact same issue. Removed the special characters “<” and “>” from target directory but PSL takes 4ever and fails using Ripit4me.

Trying DVDFab now. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
As an update, you can get by the create PSL2 stage by being patient. It takes roughly 2 minutes for Ripit to create the PSL2 file.
Unfortunately, once you get thru DVDD stage, and into the ‘Clean’ stage, you get an error message that says your dvd is dirty and to clean it.
This is really the death knoll, for there is no way i know to really clean Dvd and rerip sucessfully.(I even exchanged disc, thinking i might have a bad disc. No difference.)
Also, if you try to skip over this warning, you get an inoperable disc.

Interestingly, there must be lots of fun going on with this movie. The DVDD log says, “[B]7460[/B] suspect areas.” Now thats a lot!

I used AnyDVD with the newest IB and got the whole disc no problems. R1 WS

I’d prefer to hear about peoples experiences with Ripit4me, not some other progs.

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2048438]I’d prefer to hear about peoples experiences with Ripit4me, not some other progs.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested as well, RipIt4Me is the program I prefer. I actually use it
with Dvd Rebuilder for 99.9% of my backups. If there are any tips or tricks that make this tool work with the few newer titles it can’t do currently I would love to hear them.
Thanks, budzos

[QUOTE=budzos;2048458]I actually use it with Dvd Rebuilder for 99.9% of my backups.[/QUOTE]hey now…what’s up with that? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=budzos;2048458]I would be interested as well, RipIt4Me is the program I prefer. I actually use it
with Dvd Rebuilder for 99.9% of my backups. If there are any tips or tricks that make this tool work with the few newer titles it can’t do currently I would love to hear them.
Thanks, budzos[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. I wonder if dvd rebuilder would do a better job than dvdshrink, using the output files from ripit4me for this movie.
Can you give it a try and let us know how it went? Thanks

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2047916]Thanks Wombler.
Its region 1.
When will it be available in Region 2?
Ive already made a copy using the free dvdfabhd.
However, Id still like to use ripit4me on this movie, if its possible.

BTW, regarding ‘3:10 to Yuma’, I think it was a different problem, at least for Region 1. With ‘Yuma’, you could download DVD to HHD, but then Shrink would not recognize the files on the HDD.[/QUOTE]

‘Golden Compass’ was released on 28th April but I’ve only just ordered it.

‘3:10 to Yuma’ had the problem with invalid characters on R1 as well as the compatibility issue with DVD Shrink.

According to others though it was easily fixed with FixVTS .

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2048492]Hmmm. I wonder if dvd rebuilder would do a better job than dvdshrink, using the output files from ripit4me for this movie.
Can you give it a try and let us know how it went? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I know it’s not much use at the moment but I’ll be using DVDRebuilder when the R2 disc arrives.

Have you tried running the RipIt4Me output through FixVTS yet?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2048492]Hmmm. I wonder if dvd rebuilder would do a better job than dvdshrink, using the output files from ripit4me for this movie.
Can you give it a try and let us know how it went? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I can’t tell you that since I don’t own this movie but I can tell you that I have been using Rebuilder on most of my larger movies instead of burning DL discs and I have yet to be disappointed. I don’t expect to be buying this movie so somebody else will have to try this.
budzos

[QUOTE=Wombler;2048537]
Have you tried running the RipIt4Me output through FixVTS yet?
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Interesting thought.
Ripit4me uses its own cleaning process (similar to Fixvts), so I am not hopeful.
But will give it a try.

I have this title and it backup perfectly, but I am not using the programs you are and I am also in Region 1 so I cannot even venture to say what protections might be on this disc. That said, most payware programs had to update for this title so it must be a pain. I would try [B]Womblers [/B]suggestion and let us know how it turns out.

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2048438]I’d prefer to hear about peoples experiences with Ripit4me, not some other progs.[/QUOTE]

Wow Jamos… I’m suprised that you of all persons would say something like that?? You used to repeatly suggest RI4M to everyone in all different product threads?? So I’m curious to see you take that stance.

BTW… I used 1Click DVDCopy product w/AnyDVD and it was good… movie only ‘and’ full disc. Not saying that you should get 1Click, but rather that ‘YES’ it can be ripped… that’s the only reason I’d mention it to you Bro… :wink:

[QUOTE=MBK;2049735]Wow Jamos… I’m suprised that you of all persons would say something like that?? You used to repeatly suggest RI4M to everyone in all different product threads?? So I’m curious to see you take that stance.

BTW… I used 1Click DVDCopy product w/AnyDVD and it was good… movie only ‘and’ full disc. Not saying that you should get 1Click, but rather that ‘YES’ it can be ripped… that’s the only reason I’d mention it to you Bro… ;)[/QUOTE]
:bigsmile: I like jamos. He’s kewl. He didn’t bash me to hard.

As they sung in Rawhide (oldies will remember Clint in this):

“Trolling, trolling trolling …” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2049781]As they sung in Rawhide (oldies will remember Clint in this):

“Trolling, trolling trolling …” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards[/QUOTE]

Probably only you yourself has any clue how that refers to this thread…LMFAO. But knowing your holy grail stance regarding RI4M, I’d guess that you’re trying to say that some members go around trying to force their own personal preference in programs down other peoples throats… :bigsmile::bigsmile:… Hmmmmm, wonder who I remember doing that in the past… :wink:

[QUOTE=MBK;2049735]Wow Jamos… I’m suprised that you of all persons would say something like that?? You used to repeatly suggest RI4M to everyone in all different product threads?? So I’m curious to see you take that stance.

BTW… I used 1Click DVDCopy product w/AnyDVD and it was good… movie only ‘and’ full disc. Not saying that you should get 1Click, but rather that ‘YES’ it can be ripped… that’s the only reason I’d mention it to you Bro… ;)[/QUOTE]
MBK,
I remember you quite fondly.
And if I remember correctly, you were he one who always suggested Anydvd, like you just did here. So, I"m surprised your surprised.

If you reread my post, the operative word was “prefer”. One could abide by that or not. It was a request, not an admonishment. I understand that since this is the CopyDvd forum, any program can be mentioned.

Anyhow, good to hear from you as its been awhile. :slight_smile:

PS: IMHO, Blu has been watching too many old American westerns. (And Clint was not Trolling, he was rolling.)
Personaly, i liked the Rifleman. Lots of snap to it. :bigsmile: