Gold CD-Rs

vbimport

The last time I visited the MFSL site, I had seen something that brought up some interest in me - I found out that this company manufactures 24Kt Gold CD-R discs, the same ones as they use for their releases - except that these ones are Recordable.
Has any of you tried these? It sounds like a big hype to me, but I’ve never used gold CD-Rs myself, nor do I own any original gold CDs.
Responses welcome :slight_smile:

If anybody was tired of googling - here’s the official MFSL CD-R site.

Hi,

as these media are 1x-12x rated, it’s time to to dig out some old, not too worn 12x Plex CD-R drives :wink:

Michael

The last time I checked it turned out that these are just the same as MAM gold. It’s advantage is that it can be used in audio recorders . However there price is 2 or in some cases up to 4 times (depending on the store) of that of MAM gold.

See also
http://www.feurio.com/feurio-cgi/shop2.fcgi?artikelnr=3466;SESSIONID=878614.1145135107.62.166.90.17.38;STEP=3#3466

IT can burn okay with the plextor premium so no reason to go to the atic and search up your old drive. Then again the premium is allready old so ?? :wink:

Hmm… This reminds me a lot of Mitsui (or MAM-A/MAM-E) discs… but I’m not sure whether they will really last longer. A silver or aluminum disc treated well will last long enough besides there are many other factors to consider, such as light, humidity…

Cd-Rs?
What about gold dvd+r’s lookin here