Going to the shops What should i get .! >! help

=======================================

ok guys i need fast replys please

im going to the shops today and i need to know what to get hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

im looking for eather a great dvd reader or burner or combo

what do you think would be the best…

im going to this store

www.pcworld.co.uk

so check that site out and find the best that they sell there ok

thx guys…

Originally posted by ViRuS2k

Get yourself a GUN ! :bigsmile:

…or in the worst case - LGE 32X CDRW DVD-ROM

:wink:

Get yourself a GUN !

yes and not one of those pansy 9mm either. Get a sawed-off shotgun.:bigsmile:

or you could go searching on a different site for this beauty.

Originally posted by ViRuS2k

im going to this BANK :bigsmile:

And who’s that cute partner, btw ?

:bigsmile:

On a serious note:

a) make up your mind what you’re actually looking to buy -

im looking for eather a great dvd reader or burner or combo

• a cd-burner or a dvd-burner? (the latter are a lot more expensive) OR a combo dvd reader/cd-writer OR two drives, i.e. dvd reader and cd-writer.

Personally, if thinking of a combo then I’d go for a separate dvd reader and cd-writer since a) easier to replace either when goes wrong or wish to upgrade, b) specs and performance will be better, c) allows to do drive-to-drive copying, d) splits the work load thus greater life-span, e) probably will cost no more than a combo unit anyway.

b) I think you’ll find that PC World won’t offer much choice (and anyway what the website offers and what the stores offer is often different)

well guys i hope i made the right choice hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

i picked up a Liteon 52246S and a Creative Geforce 4 Ti 4600 Grafix card today :slight_smile:

the grafix card fucking rocks pardon the phun hehe

and the liteon i chose that becuse the 48x i have rocks and now i have a 52 fastest drive on the market hehe only problem is finding 52x media :stuck_out_tongue:

on a side note :

the liteon 52246S was £79 from pcworld
the geforce was £259 :stuck_out_tongue:

and i also noticed the new samsung dvd combo 48x cdr 16 dvd for £59

pritty cheep for a new combo drive but i was a bit weary so thats why i chose the liteon in my eyes there 10x more reliable :smiley:

you shouldve gotten the 48x with 24x rewrite liteon, i did that last night and now i have the 52x thanks to mtkflash. Btw, where i got it, the 52x was 20 bucks more:bigsmile:

Originally posted by kwkard
you shouldve gotten the 48x with 24x rewrite liteon, i did that last night and now i have the 52x thanks to mtkflash. Btw, where i got it, the 52x was 20 bucks more:bigsmile:

yeah though that becomes a problem if they dont stock eny 6 series liteon chipsets hehe

they had 7 48x liteons in the shop lol but they where all 5 series chip sets :frowning:

i got the store to check em all for me hehe :smiley:

im still happy with 52x you never know what bumping a 48x to a 52x will do in teh longrun :stuck_out_tongue:

even in the long run, if it does cause problems, by the time have ot replace it, the technology will be better, and knowing liteon, it won’t be that expensive either.