God bless our children This Christmas

vbimport

I lost a child years ago at this time of the year and time helps with the pain, but seeing the faces of those just killed by shooting is just killing me. My wife says just do not watch it on TV, but that is not easy when it is on so much. I do not want this post to be about gun control or mental heath. I want to say to God, is not the pain I have enough, why should others have to bear it.
I know children die all the time but 20 like this is almost more than I can live with. My kids and Grand kids being here for Christmas will help me through this time. My Christmas prayer this year is God protect the children from guns everywhere.

Samlar I know what you mean,I haven’t been able to watch any of the news on the killings.I lost a kid years ago and still have a hard time,I look in the eyes of the parents of these kids and it breaks my heart.Your post said a lot,enjoy your kids and grand kids this Christmas.

I hope i never have to lose my kids, but being a parent now, i can understand a little of the burden you carry. Though i’m not a religious person i thank you for your prayers.

I don’t see how those parents are going to make it through this holiday. Just hold your childern/grand childern a little closer and longer and be thankful this holiday season.

[QUOTE=samlar;2669547] My Christmas prayer this year is God protect the children from guns everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Amen :flower:

Jeremy

my sympathy’s & prayers for the parents .

Let’s refrain from any politics in this thread, or we will have to close it. I think we all agree that no child should ever be hurt and certainly not killed. We should use this thread to show support to anyone who has lost a child, no matter how and no matter when. Thank you for creating this thread samlar!

I don’t have any children (yet) but I think I can understand the pain of losing a child. I can’t imagine anything worse and I think it’s very courageous that you both were able to deal with this as good as possible and were able to pick up your life after your losses.

[QUOTE=samlar;2669547] My Christmas prayer this year is God protect the children from guns everywhere.

Amen :flower:

Jeremy
[/quote]

I can only but second that…

Okay, folks. I tried to nudge a little behind-the-scenes discussion to keep this thread on topic. Since that did not work, things will be edited or deleted…as per usual. The purpose of this thread was very clearly innocuous, and multiple moderators have had to comment on what qualifies as being poor in spirit, so I shouldn’t have to do this. With all due respect, any more replies that go against the good spirit of this thread will be deleted, with other action taken as necessary.

If anyone has a problem with this, please send private messages.

One post removed, one post edited.

Please be mindful and respectful from here on out. If you question how respectful a reply is, I will be more than happy to help you verify your concerns.

When I started this post it was because I was setting at my computer crying and crying because I knew what the kids parents were going through. I needed to talk to friends at that time and my friends on the internet are her on cdfreaks. When I lost my child years back, I then knew way my grandmother (She had lost a child) always had look about her eyes. I then realized she was over all the years still hurting. I also did not trust anything for years not my job, flying on a airplane, driving a car, or just walking down the street. The one thing I do remember about that time were the people who took the time to hold me and cry with me. I am crying with these parents.t.

God bless the parents of these kids and you all my friends at cdfreaks.

Our family lost my older sister at the age of 18 many years ago on December 18th. It still haunts us to this day and made every Christmas a hard time for my parents until they left us.

In this most recent case in Connecticut, it has people out already trying to make political points and use this disaster for political purposes. These threads always turn political at some point because too many people try to use them for personal political gain. The people who have lost loved ones in Connecticut have received, and will continue to receive, the sympathy of many, many people. This is an absolute fact and unfortunately it is all we can give them at this point in time.

[QUOTE=samlar;2669655]When I started this post it was because I was setting at my computer crying and crying because I knew what the kids parents were going through. I needed to talk to friends at that time and my friends on the internet are her on cdfreaks. When I lost my child years back, I then knew way my grandmother (She had lost a child) always had look about her eyes. I then realized she was over all the years still hurting. I also did not trust anything for years not my job, flying on a airplane, driving a car, or just walking down the street. The one thing I do remember about that time were the people who took the time to hold me and cry with me. I am crying with these parents.t.

God bless the parents of these kids and you all my friends at cdfreaks.[/QUOTE] There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying. Though i can’t promise the pain will ever go away, I can promise there will be people who are willing to talk or just stand next to you, tring to carry the burden with you. This planet still has people who would like to help others.

You should see Dawn Hochsprung’s Twitter feed. She is/was the principal of Sandy Hook. She is remembered for her heroism.

I don’t know what to say the pain never goes away my daughter died in 03 at 24.She wasn’t murdered or gruesomely killed in an accident ,she died in her bed hopefully in her sleep.They said she had 75% blockage to her heart at age 24,that was 9 years ago.I remember that day as if it was yesterday.Samlar your not along you just have to put one foot in front of you and keep on truck’in.Best wishes for the holiday my friend

@ marloyd , I didn’t remember all the details about your daughter’s death. I made a comment in the post that was removed & this won’t be word for word as my memory is not that good. I posted that you had previously posted about her death & she was an adult but that didn’t make your grief or loss any less.

I know I got into something considered political & to me relevant to the topic .
A moderator didn’t consider that it did. Still I didn’t understand why that part was removed so I’m posting it again & hope it doesn’t get me into any trouble.
So again you have my sympathy .

I’m sure we have all lost people related or not that we grieve over . My loss’s haven’t been a child so I won’t list them here. That doesn’t mean they are less just different .

@cholla if you haven’t lost a son or daughter I don’t think you quilt get the lost.When you lose a parent you have some idea that they are going to die sooner or later before you.A kid you don’t figure is going to beat you to the end ,they have a whole life ahead of them.I got this thing in my head that say you don’t bury your kid they bury you.Well sometimes it doesn’t happen we know.But the look in a persons eyes that have lost someone ,you just know the hurt.9/11 was a big one, them people will not forget it ,the same for people who fight a war and have to kill there not the same when they come back and they won’t forget.they can’t

I not saying losing a parent doesn’t hurt too.hug your kids if their 4 or 40, I did yesterday,I miss em

@ marloyd , I don’t think it is exactly the same but losing a sibling that is several years younger has some of the same feelings . It has something to do with them being younger .
It would be as you say more expected if you & them were older . Not when they are young at 24 . That is the age my sister died .
I don’t think I should get into 911 or vets in this thread .I’m trying to stay away from further edits of my posts.