GM Navigation Disc

vbimport

was wonder if anyone could email me a copy of the iso file i can’t read mine the dvd is craked email is dromonk@yahoo.com

Hi, chevytech01,
I would like to copy a 2008 Cadillac SRX navigation disc. Please send me an e-mail or PM with instructions as to what I should use. I have a DL burner and media.
thanks

I would prefer he does this in this thread if possible that’s the purpose of the forum :wink:

I made a backup of the DVD in one try. Here is what I did. I read the navigation DVD with DVD decrypter 3.5.4.0. Go to MODE–>ISO–>READ. Select a destination file to save the image and click the DECRYPT button. Then I downloaded ImgBurn 2.3.2.0 and clicked on “Change book type.” I have a Samsung DVD burner which is read as TSSTCorp CDDVDW SH-S203B. So I clicked on the Samsung tab and told it to change for DVD+R DL media. I changed it to DVD-ROM. Then I clicked OK. I selected the Navigation image for the source and set the write speed to 1x. I loaded a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc into my DVD burner. They were Verbatim (95310) 2.4X (Up to 6X) Double Layer DVD+R Branded in Cake Box Spindle 20 pack. I clicked the write button and had it verify. I put it into my 2005 Buick Rainier navigation system and it worked. The Buick Rainier has the same touch screen navigation as the Cadillac Escalade.

This forum helped me out. I hope this helps more people out.

Spread the knowledge.

Hey nellerig13, I am having the exact same problem. I thought it was working when I first put it in since it said it was automatically updating, however, after a few minutes, it said there was an error. I have enough coasters to last me until retirement and I wasted hella money on DL discs, but I am also too cheap to buy a nav disc from the store. PLEASE HELP!!! S.O.S.!!! THANKS!

[QUOTE=DeeBo187;1994726]Hey nellerig13, I am having the exact same problem. I thought it was working when I first put it in since it said it was automatically updating, however, after a few minutes, it said there was an error. I have enough coasters to last me until retirement and I wasted hella money on DL discs, [B]but I am also too cheap to buy a nav disc from the store.[/B] PLEASE HELP!!! S.O.S.!!! THANKS![/QUOTE]

It will not work anyway. :confused:

Mr. Chef, sir, I have a 04 escalade and I went to www.gmnavdisc.com to find out which navi disc would be compatable with my car(2008 800 Trk/Mid-Utility/H3) , then I found it and just recently finished downloadeding this 7GB ISO file using a torrent program, I made a couple of copies using PowerISO, they didnt work. I was going to try using NERO 8 and change the recorder settings, burn speed, etc… but your saying that it doesnt work, well, I say if there’s a will then theres a way.

I just want to know if I still needed a dvddecryptor or alcohol 120even though it’s an ISO file extension. Also, I wanna know if anyone else obtained a NaviDvd the same method as I did, which is downloading it via .torrent, and was it sucessful? Any suggestions or ideas, please respond, thanks

I’m looking into my crystal ball and I see you didn’t read the forum rules and maybe you need some or new glasses as you should have seen this unbelivable sticky called Don’t ask for help with warez downloads here.
See yourself warned go to your navigation disc dealer and [B]buy[/B] a new disc from there :cop:

My wife and I bought a used tahoe with navigation last night - it is a 2005 model, but the disc is missing. I don’t have a dvd burner, and I don’t know what most of the people on this thread are talking about, but I also don’t want to pay the $200 from GM for the replacement - Can someone help me get my hands on a copy for a reasonable price? Thanks.

OK - I figured that would be breaking some rule.

[QUOTE=new guy;2139724]My wife and I bought a used tahoe with navigation last night - it is a 2005 model, but the disc is missing. I don’t have a dvd burner, and I don’t know what most of the people on this thread are talking about, but I also don’t want to pay the $200 from GM for the replacement - Can someone help me get my hands on a copy for a reasonable price? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

New Guy…Can we have a chat offline ,email or otherwise ?

I have successfully made a copy of the GM PN 25956245. The biggest thing is to use the right software and make sure your DVD burner is able to burn a dvd ROM book type.

This copy was made for personal back up only!

When i try to burn this using imgburn i can see in the dialong box that it says write speed miscompare! wanted - (1x) Got-(4x)…is this why the disc isnt working? I also noticed when i put the dvd in my 05’ denali that it updated my nav… but then after it was done and i tried using the disk for the nav it said " unable to read dvd, make sure disc isnt damaged and disc isnt dirty"…

anyone have any opinions? Im trying to make a good Backup disk because i lost mine and I had to borrow this one from my friend and Its the newest version. Im using imgburn, and memorex dvd+r dl discs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

So I made a copy of my nav disc I got with my 2005 Trailblazer that has the Bose sound system and nav console. I used a dvd-dl, i followed the directions i have seen many times now. My dvd burner is capable of book type, and yet when I place it into the cd slot of my sound/nav system, I get a message stating not cd. I have a dvd player system for the rear of the vehicle, and it can use the vehicle’s sound system for the dvd player. When I put the disc in the dvd player, I can not see any way to get the system to read the disc from the dvd player.

Now my questions. Does the disc have to be a cd? The original is a dvd.
Is there some way to use the dvd player in back? How did the original owners use said dvd if it is supposed to be a cd? Am I missing something here?

[QUOTE=JOHNHENRYDAVISJR;2246504]New Guy…Can we have a chat offline ,email or otherwise ?[/QUOTE]

I need to chat about the ability to successfully follow what everyone who has had positive results knows. Can you chat with me offline. I just don’t get it.

How can i get a copy of that i just brought a 2005 GMC

[QUOTE=mkhoth;2598570]How can i get a copy of that i just brought a 2005 GMC[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Suggest looking on eBay for a upgrade disc to 2011 maps - that is what I had to do with my Lexus maps-eh

[QUOTE=ispperformance;1677981]Well I copied the disc successfully! The original disc was in bad shape, I even had Radio Shack shave the disc to remove some scratches and it still didn’t work good. I did make myself 2 excellent working back-ups, one I use in the truck and the other in safe keeping. If anyone is interested let me know and I will share the info.[/QUOTE]

Its been a long time since this post but if your still on here can you share what you have done recently? Hoping to upgrade from my old version to newest one. Thanks.

Hi and Welcome!

the solution is simple. Buy the upgrade disc and you should be fine.

Michael

Can you please email me a copy of the ISO file to (Remove E-mail Address ) I would greatly appreciate it !