Gloom settles on global CD sales, same old story once again

vbimport

I just posted the article Gloom settles on global CD sales, same old story once again.

tyfach used our    news submit  to tell us  that according to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry  (IFPI), music sales dropped by 7% around the world last year after a 5%...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5712-Gloom-settles-on-global-CD-sales-same-old-story-once-again.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5712-Gloom-settles-on-global-CD-sales-same-old-story-once-again.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

There is nothing that I want to buy as the current music scene is CRAP. There is nothing I would even download for free as its all SHITE. RIAA and the BPI are going to drown in their own shit

What a shame they never show the rise in DVD sales at the same time. You cannot blame piracy all the time when new (and existing) formats are being pushed constantly, people only have so much money to spend and I bet you anything the decrease in CD sales equates to the increase in DVD sales, not to mention vinyl sales are up. You can’t bleat about the failing sales CD and then find it convenient to forget all the other formats available.

there are other formats? no way!

“affecting an industry that is also having to compete with increased sales of other entertainment formats such as DVD films and new video game consoles” what the hell, are these guys realising they have to compete? what next actually looking at the product and realising its over priced?:d

“music sales dropped by 7% around the world last year after a 5% dip in 2001.” Hey that’s a hell of a lot better than any other industry is doing right now. Maybe they should blame the recession, instead of accusing people of stealing. I think downloading an entire Oasis album should be classified as a crime. What a waste of internet bandwidth. P.S. Elton John kiss my *ss. You haven’t written a damn thing worth downloading for 25 years. Get back with Bernie Taupin you need help!