Global Warming: Is common sense finally starting to prevail?

Here is an interesting article: http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/106922-earth_ice_age-0 This article mentions the real causes of cyclical global climate change and what we can expect in the near and distant future based on real science and not the kind based on fear mongering and politics.

It looks like the tide might be turning against the claims of man made global warming. Especially, against CO2 being the cause of warming trends. IMO, we should be way more worried about the effects of the coming ice age than spending our limited resources on chasing the man made global warming ghosts.

Thanks for the info UTR, glad it is finally getting out there into the GP…
I was made aware of the Milankovich cycles in tha late 70’s in University, and it made more sense to me than the conjecture and fear mongering ( Who is making all this $$$ people are spending on “green” living? ) that I have been hearing since they told us was it was going to happen … which I learned about in grade 6 (approx 1967)… either way I have no sympathies. If we knew we were mucking up the atmosphere so long ago, why didn’t we start changing the situation then? 40+ years later and we are now considering doing something about it?

Well I guess the capitalists are looking for another way to distract the masses, retool industries, and create another reason to spend… Good stuff :clap:

We really have outsmarted ourselves with our own genius haven’t we …:doh: LOL

I am for energy conservation and improving energy efficiency but some of the things being proposed in the name of global warming is insane. This whole global warming issue is a scam of biblical proportions, IMO. The doomsday scenarios these extremists put forth are far, far from reality. One is the planet will turn to deserts if it gets any hotter. Well, in the time of the dinosaurs the planet was much hotter, CO2 levels much higher and vegetation nearly blanked the entire land masses of the Earth. I would feel much better about the future of mankind if the planet was warming than what will likely be a coming ice age. Try feeding 10 billion people with glaciers sitting on half of the currently tillable acreage of the world. Another is rising ocean levels. In the past 10,000-15,000 years the ocean level have changed hundreds of feet. This change is part of the natural cycle of the planet and humans don’t cause it and they sure can’t stop it.

I don’t know what makes me shake my head more. The people using this as a scare tactic to make billions of dollars or the masses of people that blindly believe anything people like Al Gore spew from their pie holes with no proven science behind their claims to back them up. This recent global warming fiasco has been boarding on the fanatical and looks more like a modern day form of global wide fascism.

IMO, it is silly to think we can claim run away global warming with just a couple of decades of questionable data and a few unproven computer climate modeling programs. Anytime I hear someone claim doomsday is coming or we need certain laws passed for our own good, I first look at who stands to make money from it and if the people doing the Chicken Little routine (especially the government) are lining their pockets from it then you can bet it is likely a scam.

[QUOTE=UTR;2194953]I am for energy conservation and improving energy efficiency but some of the things being proposed in the name of global warming is insane.[/QUOTE]
The first thing i would point out is that higher temperatures will mean more evaporation from the ocean, and people will be drowning on land due to the higher humidity. Higher humidity generally equals more precipitation.

I also believe that the whole global warming theory is a load of crap, well at least the human influence part, but totally agree with capping emissions … even if it’s for the wrong reasons :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t like the fact that people are obsessed with carbon dioxide when there are far nastier chemicals/gases/particles being emitted with real proven detrimental effects.

[QUOTE=debro;2195215]The first thing i would point out is that higher temperatures will mean more evaporation from the ocean, and people will be drowning on land due to the higher humidity. Higher humidity generally equals more precipitation.[/QUOTE]

This is true and more land will become tillable such as vast areas of Siberia and Canada. There will likely be far more rain forest area and regular forests. The past has shown this to be true which leads me to ask the question, “Why all the doomsday prophecies from people like Al Gore?”

[QUOTE=debro;2195215]I also believe that the whole global warming theory is a load of crap, well at least the human influence part, but totally agree with capping emissions … even if it’s for the wrong reasons :p[/QUOTE]

IMO, capping CO2 emissions won’t solve anything and furthermore it is impossible to accomplish. It will only lead to the squandering of our dwindling economic reserves to solve a problem that doesn’t exist. Energy conservation and improvements in efficiency are good for economic, environmental and reduction of poverty reasons among others but if done to the extreme will starve hundreds of millions of people. Countries will be going to war over food. It would also destroy the global economy and the standard of living of the developed countries. This whole fascist environmental movement that has developed is nothing more than a money grab and a way to gain more control over the masses. It can’t be done with force so they are trying to scare, bluff and brainwash us into it.

[QUOTE=debro;2195215]I don’t like the fact that people are obsessed with carbon dioxide when there are far nastier chemicals/gases/particles being emitted with real proven detrimental effects.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that global warming is going to be proven as a scam and will further discredit these wacko environmentalists. Then when a real problem arises these wackos will have cried wolf so many times that no one will listen to the people that have valid causes. It is a general problem with politicians on the left and right in that they continually exaggerate reality to scare people into doing their bidding.

The latest scare is this supposed economic meltdown. It is the politician’s (especially the left) way of spending money we don’t have on an endless list of earmarks and entitlement programs we simply can’t afford. When all this money is spent, billions of it will find its way into politician’s and their family member’s bank accounts. The Democrats are going to try and use it to buy their way into getting re-elected for decades. The sad thing is we are going to let them do it and not even ask to be kissed before they screw us.

UTR
Only if brother AL GORE stops eating chocalate bon bon’s.
The far left where alll this b.s. comes from is not interested
in real science just pushing their agenda. For example here
in CALIFORNIA , ARNIE has been buying in to this baloney
for a long time. Im afraid for us here especially in NORTHERN
CALIFORNIA,where AL,and the wackos are,are only going to
succeed in giving us higher fees. Think about it? Most of the:bigsmile::doh:
pollution comes from CHINA,CUBA,RUSSIA, and the radical
mid eastern countries. If global warming caused by man is
really a reality. BROTHER AL GORE,and the nut;s could not
stop it,as long as these countries keep polluting. Whats he
going to do?. Get the A.C.L.U. to sue them?
ZAP.

[QUOTE=zap em;2196009] For example here
in CALIFORNIA , ARNIE has been buying in to this baloney
for a long time. Im afraid for us here especially in NORTHERN
CALIFORNIA,where AL,and the wackos are,are only going to
succeed in giving us higher fees.
ZAP.[/QUOTE]

The liberals in control of the California government are well on their way to turning that state into a third world country. Arnie is one of those liberals and it is people like him that the Republican Party needs to purge out of their ranks in order to get back to their conservative roots regarding fiscal responsibility, reduction of government size/taxation and the preservation of person freedoms. If the Republicans can’t accomplish this then we need a new political party that will promote these values. Being a conservative doesn’t necessarily mean you are a Republican nowadays.