Glitches in CD copies with Nero 7

vbimport

After making so much progress backing up my small DVD collection, I decided it would be a good idea to start making back-ups of my favorite CDs too.

But the last three back-ups I made had glitches in them.

When I played the back-up CDs, within the first ten seconds of each of the back-up recordings I would get a muffled “pop” or “tick,” like the sound of a scratch on a vinyl record.

I double checked and played the original CDs, but the noise wasn’t on the originals.

I used the Nero 7 “Copy CD” command.

Any ideas what might be producing these noises?

Yo-

First - check the original CD for scratches or blemishes - then clean with 90% or better rubbing alcohol to make sure that the surface is clean-

Second - the media quality may be the problem too - suggest getting Taiyo Yuden CD-R media from www.rima.com

Third - record at 16x (regardless what it says on the media box)

Fourth - enjoy your now good sounding copies-eh!!

Media and recording speed are two important key features if you want to get reliable backups.

[QUOTE=chef;2500733]Media and recording speed are two important key features if you want to get reliable backups.[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget don’t multitask when doing copying and burning that takes up alot of system resource to do this process and anyone of those task could cause a glitch and you won’t know til you watch the backup dvd. Don’t forget to make sure the firmware is current as well. Also make sure your drive laser lens is clean and dusted out. A dirty lens can also be cause of bad burns.