Glitches In 5.2.2.2 - Media Not Writable, Crashing

vbimport

This has been discussed in other threads, including the 5220 user review thread here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/5-2-2-0-a-259422/.

I thought it might be best to start a new thread.

Starting with ver 5220, I am unable to burn a second disc without closing & restarting DVDFab. If I try to burn another disc from the same or different folder on my HD, a message comes up saying the media is not writable. When I close & reopen DVDFab, the same disc then burns OK. For more details, please see the above thread.

Also, it has been reported in other threads that the last 2 versions crash when opening certain DVD’s. This happened to me today with the disc Josh Groban Live In Concert (2002) - the only way I could keep the program from crashing after opening the disc in Customize was to immediately stop the preview from playing each time I clicked on a title.

Any help/feedback appreciated! (And thanks so much for the excellent help & support from the forum members & the program writers!:))

Thanks!

for it crashing during preview try unchecking the preview in common settings

Thanks GJ for trying to help, but I need to be able to see the previews in Customize in order to determine which titles I want to rip.

Both of these problems can be worked around for now - just wanted to make sure someone is aware of them & maybe is working on a fix. I know others are having the same issues.

Thanks everyone!

I am not seeing these problems, but I have only done a couple of backups with 5.2.2.2 so far. As GJ mentioned, sometimes disabling the preview autostart (both checkboxes) and just starting it manually will allow you to use it without crashes. You could also try reverting to the old (Internal) setting instead of DirectShow.

Signals -

Which is better internal preview or DirectShow? I would love to see a list of recommendations on some of the most common settings.

With so many options, it’s hard to know what to pick.

eg. Imgburn vs VSO / DS vs Internal etc. etc.

Thanks.

Signals & GJ - I wasn’t aware that, if you turned off previews, you would still be able to preview manually - had never used the program with it disabled. Thanks - I’ll leave it disabled - I’m glad to learn that it can be turned off but started manually if needed - it was a bit annoying for titles to start playing while using Title Start/End Settings, etc.

Signals - many folks are experiencing the media not writable issue when attempting to burn a second disc. I have seen several threads where this has been brought up.

Thanks!

[quote=shootsbooz;2184582]Signals -

Which is better internal preview or DirectShow? I would love to see a list of recommendations on some of the most common settings.

With so many options, it’s hard to know what to pick.

eg. Imgburn vs VSO / DS vs Internal etc. etc.

Thanks.[/quote]

Shootsbooz - here is a thread on burning engines which you might find helpful:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/vso-burning-engine-nero-imgburn-259318/