Glitches , even on the hard drive (Seagate Maxtor Shared Storage Plus Drive (200GB))

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Seagate Maxtor Shared Storage Plus Drive (200GB). Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’m just owner of DVDFAB Platinum 5.2.2.2.
1- DVDFAB program is crashing while trying to copy movie The dark Knight (Batman). Restarted several times with same result

2- Non stop glitches after copying films like “Narnia2” , “Hankock”… , (glitches even appears on hard-drive copy , so nothing to do witch CD-brand…). PC is only copying and was not slowed down by doing other things…
When I play a VOB file afterwards (via the PC) I can already see “block-forming” , black screen for fractions of seconds , parts of movie missing , i.o.w. unusable for copying on CD or even watching. I copied such a movie on DVD (Sony brand) and as expected…glitches and other interruptions were copied and “Home Theatre DVD player” went crazy…

I tried the “ultimated” test with the “clone DVD” selection (= needed to buy a dual layer DVD) and I got a perfect working copy.

So: how to avoid the glitches when copying a movie on the hard disk ?

My PC is “not slow” …
Intel Core duo 8500 , 3.16Ghz , 4Gig RAM , about total of 800Gig harddrive in Raid 0 and Raid 1.

Did I buy the wrong software ?

Regards , Rik

No you haven’t bought the wrong software but I am uncertain as to which hard drive you are using, the lan or internal?
If you are using the external drive to store the films on, is the speed of the connection enough? This may be the cause of your problem.

As noted above, you should be ripping to an internal drive. Aside from that, I’ve never had a RIP complete without reporting errors (or simply not finishing) and yet not playback correctly.

:frowning: To Weedougie and Dogg

Yes it’s a internal drive (SATA II) . I tried even to C and D drive (2 separate SATA II drives)

Before I used “DVD Shrink” and normally , I had a zero errors and zero glitch copy or …I had nothing at all (due to too high protections…).

Now with DVDFAB I have glitches (even ond hard disk) on every copy I made since . Even on one movie DVDFAB generated an Error and I had to close the program. Restarting dit not help.

Regards and a happy 2009 !:frowning:

vandenr
with the those movies you need to go into common settings->PathPlayer and select “Always enable PathPlayer”

also if you are having alot of glitches with DVDFab try uninstalling and then re-install DVDFab, use the guide below in my signature for the your operating system for the uninstall

Not solved ! :a
Tried with “free” DVD shink and paid DVDFAB5.
DVD shrink : perfect !
DVDFAB5 : same problem , glitches , resulting in interrupted movie scenes , even if movie is watched directly from HDD.

DVD shrink an DVDFAB ripped “test movie” were saved under same conditions , on same PC (VISTA , 4Gig RAM , Processor E8500, so not a slow one…) , on same HDD.

Regards

[quote=vandenr;2237402]Not solved ! :a
Tried with “free” DVD shink and paid DVDFAB5.
DVD shrink : perfect !
DVDFAB5 : same problem , glitches , resulting in interrupted movie scenes , even if movie is watched directly from HDD.

DVD shrink an DVDFAB ripped “test movie” were saved under same conditions , on same PC (VISTA , 4Gig RAM , Processor E8500, so not a slow one…) , on same HDD.

Regards[/quote]
When you use DVDFab are you using the defualt burn engine->(VSO) ?, if so you may want to select ImgBurn as the burn engine.
That is if you have ImgBurn installed if not you can download it from imgburn.com, once you have it installed just open DVDFab and go into common settings-> write and select it.
Before you use ImgBurn within DVDFab make the following changes

Open ImgBurn and click on “Tools” located on the menu bar and select "Settings"
click on the “Build” tab and make sure there is a check mark in the following boxes
1…Check 'Close Program’
2…Don’t Prompt Image Details
3…Don’t Prompt VIDEO_TS Content
4…Don’t Prompt Volume Label
any other boxes can stay as they are.
To set the write/burn speed do the following
Put a blank disc into the drive/burner, with ImgBurn open make sure your drive is selected in the target window…(lower leftside)
Now on the right hand side click on the “Device” tab, now on the very bottom right you’ll see three buttons click on the top button to open the write speed settings page.
On the lower left side under “Settings” you will see a window next to “Disc ID” which will contain the MID(Media ID) of the blank disc that you have in your drive/burner, just below that window is where you can set the burn speed for that perticular MID once you enter the write speed click on the “ADD”…NOTE…each time you buy a new spindle of media you should check the MID becuase it can change even when using the same brand name.
the other dropdown window below is for setting a perticular drive/burner if you have more then one and one of them has better results with that MID at a different write speed

If the glitches are already on the HDD , and I want to copy this HDD data to DVD, I suppose it does not matter wich kind of settings or DVD brand I use.

First of all, the data on the HDD is supposed to be without glitches. If there are no glitches on the HDD, there will be also none on the DVD (if all goes well…).

Regards.
Rik.