Glitch with structure-protected dvds

All of the backups I’ve made of structure-protected DVDs have created a pause in the first 3 seconds of the movie. I’m able to fast-forward past it but it’s quite annoying. I’ve noticed it on “Blades of Glory” and “Bug” so far. Can this be corrected in a future update?

I’m using the newest version of DVDFab and its present in FullDisc and Main Movie modes. Thank you in advance for your help.

What media are you using?

im having the same problem with the movie bug and condemned. it freezes on the first chapter. you have to skip to the second chapter to see movie. they said it would be fix on the next update but it didnt get fix because i up dated it again with 3210 and it still did the same thing you say. thank you… i see im not the only one having this problem.

im having the same problem with the movie bug and condemned. it freezes on the first chapter. you have to skip to the second chapter to see movie. they said it would be fix on the next update but it didnt get fix because i up dated it again with 3210 and it still did the same thing you say. thank you… i see im not the only one having this problem.

Well I don’t think it’s DVDFAB as I have ripped both of those movies with no problems, you might have some other conflic going on such as other programs running durning the burn

I have considered it was just my computer burning it wrong. It’s a problem that’s only on Blades of Glory and Bug that I know of. Maybe on Condemned I don’t own that. Anyway, I’ve tried on all 3 of my computers multiple times and it gives me the same result.

I’ve noticed if you re-author these movies using DVD shrink it seems to add information. For example, main movie of Blades of Glory is 4175 MB. If added to re-authored disc it is 4176 MB. Bug adds 2 MB. I’m not sure if this is relevant to the problem but it’s an observation.

i think its only on liongate films… i just bought transformers and was able to do it with no problem… its only those films… it is not my computer because im able to do any other one that i want in my collection. if it was my computer it would be happening to all movies.

the weird part is that when i play my copy on my computer it dont freeze at all. i try it on different dvd players and it still freeze. not sure what is going on but none of my programs be running but dvdfab while i burn my movies.

I’ve also noticed this with new protections and DVDshrink:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=228972

However my player seems to play the discs fine, yet some of the softwareplayers freeze right away as the movie starts… Hopefully someone figures this out.

I did not have this problem with Blades Of Glory or Condemned, I don’t own Bug so I don’t know about that one.

I decided to try out the previous versions. Working backwards, I finally had success with version 3.1.8.0. I got Blades of Glory and Bug to copy without the “pause” or “added data” I mentioned earlier.

i also have had this problem with vacancy,but it has a blank screen for 10-15 sec…hope this does get fixed…

With the latest beta the “blank screen for a long time before the movie starts with protected discs” -problem is still there…

Don’t know if the full versions have the same thing, but if DVDFAB HD Decrypter (it doesn’t matter if it’s the full or movie mode) ripped files are opened with DVD shrink and you try to preview the movie, you can see what the problem is… If you try to set the start/end point, the counter remains 00:00:00 for many clicks, until finally start to show frames etc… Even some of the players (settop of software) seem to be affected by this “blank screen”, although the files should be clean…

This happens with most discs with latest protections… Hopefully it’ll get fixed…