Gigastorage CD-R Problem

vbimport

Ok, my bro just bought a 100 pk of Gigastorage CDRs 24x Extreme Performance. I've bought a 50pk of Gigastorage CDs quite some time ago and they worked great with my HP 8200i 4x burner..

But these CDs, I am sometimes getting up to 40-50% damaged (yellow) sectors and usually the last sector is unreadable (red) when I run the scandisk feature on Nero CD Speed. I have a 40x Liteon burner and I also flashed to the newest firmware (same prob b4 and after flash).

I'm guess that the media I'm using isn't that good, but common, at least one of them should burn ok. I'm burning at 24x (which they're rated for), they could burn at 32x and I've even tried as low as 16x. I'm also burning data, mostly DIVXs files. I don't get why I can't burn one good cd. I'm also having problems with Cursor cds which are rated at 40x. Is my burner screwed or is this media shit?

Plz heelp thx.

I find that the newest made-in-Taiwan Verbatin 32x, and the newest Fuji 40x will burn on that drive nearly error-free.

Well can’t say that my experience with gigastorage is very good…

it sounds like the cdrs that u r using are cyanine/azo type of dye. alot of liteon users report that cyanine/azo based cdrs dont work very well at any speed. older burners love cyanine/azo and hate pthalocyanine. try burning at the lowest speed possible and see what happens. also use cdr identifier to see who makes the cdrs and what type of dye they have used.

good luck;)

Thx guys, good advice!

Taiyo Yuden work with every writer, try these.

If those gigastorages you bought are blue 24x, they use the Mitsubishi Super Azo dye, which IMO is far from being good for high speed burning.

If buying Gigastorage, go for the silvers, those have given me no problems at 32x burning (24x rated “PowerDisc”-branded media).

Originally posted by Fallen
[B]If those gigastorages you bought are blue 24x, they use the Mitsubishi Super Azo dye, which IMO is far from being good for high speed burning.

If buying Gigastorage, go for the silvers, those have given me no problems at 32x burning (24x rated “PowerDisc”-branded media). [/B]

i bet you also have a liteon