Ghost recon backup .. still a no go!

I have a p-4 2.0a, pc2700 ram asus 52x reader, lite-on 32x writer and have tried clonecd 3.4.x.x and the latest version of 4.x tried with game profile and the sd2 and sd2.51 profiles available here. I live in U.S. and have region set to canada so aws does work I have backed up MOHAA with little problems on this rig earlier with 3.4.x.x

when I try to install I get an error asking for Disk0 with datacab3 on it ( which does not exist on the original.) have tried tro install on different machines and get the same error … what can I do \ try ?? this is the first title in a year or so I have not been able to back up am I missing something here ?

as a further development I installed the retail disk , uninstalled it , ran regclean and scanreg /fix rebooted made another backup and it installed ok (ghost recon) but I brought the backup into work today and got the same error on this machine insert disk0 with datacab3 on it !! wtf is going on here ?

Hi lagger,

First off you do not need AWS with a Liteon Burner there is absolutely no need for it.

Second, is the disk0 with datacab3 is indicative of a .cab data corruption which is a result of bad read. This can sometimes be attributed to reading the original too fast even if the original is in perfect order.

Try to lower your read speed to something like 4X .

Whether you are burning on the fly or making the image first would not matter as long as your read speed is LOWERED.

You can proceed with the burn at the Max speed your burner allows.

You do not need to fiddle with any software with in you machine or fiddle with registry as your problem lies in the Bad Copy and not your OS or Machine.

Hope this helps :wink:

Try this as I am sure it helps

Just in case you are reading the image with your Asus reader, just read it with your Liteon burner, that was you shouldn’t encounter any problems, although the Asus may be just as good.

Originally posted by CCDKing
Just in case you are reading the image with your Asus reader, just read it with your Liteon burner, that was you shouldn’t encounter any problems, although the Asus may be just as good.
Yeah, ASUS CD-ROMs suck at reading, I have one and it’s a shocker at subs and FES (in fact, you wouldn’t mention error skipping and ASUS CD-ROM in the one sentence, because it can’t!)