Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter error

vbimport

ihave recently bought ghost recon advanced war fighter and i have all minimum requirements but when i go to play the game the screen goes black makes an error sound and has little white “i” all over the screen. Cn anyone help me please?

Whenever posting a question, remember to provide details about your system. What are your system specs?

system specs are…

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: GBT___
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 301MB used, 948MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

What video card do you have?

Radeon 9600xt

Your system is not going to run this game very well at all. Your video card does not have enough power, and 512mb of RAM is not nearly enough for this title. On another forum, they said that the minimum system requirements were not adequate, and the recommended system requirements for this game should be considered the absolute minimum. I am running an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.48 GHZ w/ 1GB RAM and a GeForce 6800GS 256mb PCI-E @ 500 MHz core speed and 1175MHZ Memory speed, and I am only getting 30-35 FPS. You should upgrade your system before attempting to play this game.

how much is a 512ram card?

if i get more ram will this fix the problem and it says the 256mb radeon 9600xt is one of the supported cards on the back of the game

the radeon 9600XT does not support [B]very well[/B] the shader 2 (only shader 1), This game uses a lot of shader 2, so even if you can play, you will absolutly not get good quality frames.
I will suggest you to update your net framework first, then get the latest ati driver
Adding memories will not fix your video issue!!!

You need more RAM, preferably 2GB for the newest games, and a new video card. A GeForce 7900GT would be a good choice. To be honest with you, I would upgrade to an AMD 64 bit system with support for a PCI-E video card rather than spend anymore money on that system. :iagree:

How will that affect performance? I didn’t think that Net Framework had anything to do with gaming. I am still running the old version of Net Framework, and may need to upgrade if it’s really a big deal.

The latest ATI drivers uses Net Framework 2 !

I see…I suppose NVIDIA cards do not require NET Framework.

which updated diver thing is the one i need to download there is so many which one is the right one?

@ mattsa1990 - Even if you update the drivers and the game runs, it will have absolute horrible performance. As I said above: