Ghost 2002 Boot Disk for XP

vbimport

Have just bought the German version of the above and am struggling to find out how to create a boot CD for my laptop. Have downloaded the English Manual but get very confused when I’m asked to do various things from the software. Can anybody provide a simple way for me to start backing up before installing SP3.
Thanks

[QUOTE=yorki;2141964]Have just bought the German version of the above and am struggling to find out how to create a boot CD for my laptop. Have downloaded the English Manual but get very confused when I’m asked to do various things from the software. Can anybody provide a simple way for me to start backing up before installing SP3.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Is the text when you get the program running all in German? If you having that much problem with the German lanaguage ghost it might be wise to have choosen to get a En version of the software. You might want to take a look over at Womble ghost 2003 instructions.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f3/norton-ghost-2003-backup-check-explore-restore-101505/

Thanks Cool, but I’m prepared to do some work on it for £5 delivered !!

Sorry, didn’t answer your question re the text, yes,all in German. I have managed to create a boot floppy on a Win 98 PC but have not been able to sort out which way to go with an XP machine (no floppy)
I intend to write the image to a portable hard drive.
thanks again

Actually you could use a Win98 startup floppy that can be downloaded online if you don’t have Win98. I used Win98 startup floppy to make boot CD for my Ghost 2003. Using Nero 6 I selected “Make boot CD,” added all files from the Win98 boot floppy, the Ghost folder where Ghost is installed on the PC and chose the “Drive A” option for boot source when option is given in Nero. Note this process results in boot CD that boots as drive A, and it’s necessary to type “X:” and press “Enter” to change to the CD drive letter where “X” is drive letter of the CDROM. Then just type “cd/Ghost” and press “Enter” to change to Ghost folder and finally type “Ghost” and press “Enter” to run Ghost.

I had first tried to make a boot CD using Ghost 2003 instructions, but it failed on several attempts for unknown reasons which may mean there are similar problems with Ghost 2002 as well. The boot CD made by using Win98 starup floppy works well, and you could add Fdisk and other Win98 programs that might be useful too.

Thanks for all help. Have just backed up with True Image 9.0…brill, didn’t even have to read the Help files, so intuitive.