GH24NSB0 set booktype

vbimport

I’ve tried several tools to set the booktype but neither they didnt work. Is it somehow possible with a custom firmware or do i need to buy a new writer ?

Which tools have you tried? And how did you verify the results?

LG may have dropped bit setting support entirely for their recent drives. People report this is the case for their latest BDRE drives.

Welcome to the site, by the way. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2750842]Which tools have you tried? And how did you verify the results?

LG may have dropped bit setting support entirely for their recent drives. People report this is the case for their latest BDRE drives.

Welcome to the site, by the way. :)[/QUOTE]

Nero discspeed and imgburn

Should i just burn it and see if it sets default DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM ?

And thanks for the welcome :flower:

If you don’t mind wasting a DVD+R. Wouldn’t hurt to check that way.

Does that mean its booktype is set to DVD-R, burning a Verbatim DVD+R DL ?

[QUOTE=bbg808;2750845]Does that mean its booktype is set to DVD-R, burning a Verbatim DVD+R DL ?

[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, that means that ImgBurn is attempting to ask the drive to use DVD-ROM as the booktype setting for this individual burn, not that it is guaranteed to work. (Though I also believe it would indicate a failure as a warning, or show “N/A” instead of “DVD-ROM”, if it just failed outright.)

I guess it worked!!! Thanks for the help :clap:

[QUOTE=bbg808;2750845]Does that mean its booktype is set to DVD-R, burning a Verbatim DVD+R DL ?
[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as “booktype DVD-R”, it’s always DVD-ROM for DVD+R.