GH22ns30 stuck on multi-word DMA Mode 2

hey guys just wondering if anyone is having this problem with this drive i just got it earlier today as my plextor 716a went to crap.anyways i got the lg gh22ns30 today and for some reason when i checked IDE controllers on windows xp it keeps saying the drive is running on multi-word dma mode 2.i tried un-installing the drive from the device manger but no go keeps going back to multi-word.

this is my first sata dvd drive so idk if im doing something wrong.I have a western digital hard drive and its a sata also.the drive doesnt show on my bios either i honestly think its just my motherboard as its pretty old.my mobo is a lanparty pro 875.the hard drive runs at ultra mode dma 5 but the dvd doesnt. I dont know if anyone has had this problem and i tried looking everywhere but found no one with this problem.

Try:

1. Update mobo BIOS (AFAIK ICH5 not bugged, but You may find bug in bios :slight_smile: )
  2. Try update chipset drivers

If this steps filed, try conect DVD to SATA/SATA2 PCI controler (IMO SiliconImage best for optical drives, but older Sil3112/3114 don’t worked with SATA2 devices at all)

[QUOTE=alucardx2;2201818]hey guys just wondering if anyone is having this problem with this drive i just got it earlier today as my plextor 716a went to crap.anyways i got the lg gh22ns30 today and for some reason when i checked IDE controllers on windows xp it keeps saying the drive is running on multi-word dma mode 2.i tried un-installing the drive from the device manger but no go keeps going back to multi-word.

this is my first sata dvd drive so idk if im doing something wrong.I have a western digital hard drive and its a sata also.the drive doesnt show on my bios either i honestly think its just my motherboard as its pretty old.my mobo is a lanparty pro 875.the hard drive runs at ultra mode dma 5 but the dvd doesnt. I dont know if anyone has had this problem and i tried looking everywhere but found no one with this problem.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

From what you say about IDE controllers, I will guess your system is running in IDE compatible mode (which in iteslf is fine) - see the link in my signature for instructions on how to re-enable UDMA mode for that IDE channel. :slight_smile: