GH22LP20 Worst burner I ever had

I bought this burner Dec. 2008. I use Clone DVD 2 or Imageburn for most of my burning.O f course the first thing I tried was burning Verbatim 16X at 22 x. Wow what good results. Now to the daily job of burning at 8x. It spits out the 16X Verb saying bad media. same thing at 12x, 16x. I spits out OfficeMax +r 8X, TY To2 8x, . It had firmware 102.
To day I thought I would update it to 104 Good F***ing Luck. Us Lg sites said no such Model. I finally …found 103 on AU Lg site. It helped a lot . I would like to have F/W 104 though. Here is a scan of the OM MII 8x after the update.
WHY DOES LG MAKE IT SO HARD TO FIND FIRMWARE UPDATES???

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2305018]I would like to have F/W 104 though.[/QUOTE]

Have a look in the announcement thread :wink:

WHY DOES LG MAKE IT SO HARD TO FIND FIRMWARE UPDATES???

Good question!

They managed to mess up the UK and US support sites really good a while back now and they still can not be bothered to fix them! :a
Generally speaking, they also have the habit of forgetting to release new firmwares even when they have them available… Very clever indeed… :doh:

Thanks cvs, put it on my flash drive and will install next time I boot the 'puter it is in.

OK Guys (and girls) updated firmware about a week ago to 104. Now it will burn MII 8X every time, it burns TY T02 8x every time and verbatim at 8 to 22X. I haven’t tried D/L with this firmware yet. But with the last 2 firmwares my old BenQ 1640 did a better job than the LG or my new Pioneer 117.

Thanks for the tip on the 104 firmware.
Ivan