GH22 Scan CDspeed

Hi,

I´ve just bought a LG GH22LS30 and scanned the burnt Discs with Nero CDspeed on my Benq 1640.
Now I´ve got quite a Spike in the scan of the PI Errors (100) and the Jitter.
The Media is a Verbatim +R Dual Layer 8x - MKM 003.
The recording speed was 4x.
Is that bad or is it still ok?
I´d be grateful for explaning help

Would you recommend this Media Type and the scan?
what is the recommended maximum of Jitter and PI errors?

Is it archivable?

Thanks for the help

Fumo

[QUOTE=Fumo;2276416]
Would you recommend this Media Type and the scan?

Is it archivable?

Thanks for the help

Fumo[/QUOTE]
Can you save and post a scan of the burn? Hard to judge from a description, but sounds like it may not be too bad. Hit the floppy icon top right in cdscan, save as PNG, and use manage attachments button when you post to add it to your post :).

Sorry,

I forgot the Scan.

Cheers

[QUOTE=Fumo;2276440]Sorry,

I forgot the Scan.

Cheers[/QUOTE]
My A3 tends to be a bit harsh when scanning DL’s. Especially w/ jitter. Looks like a decent burn to me.

phew !!!

nice to hear that.

Sorry that I don´t know what you mean with: A3 and w/jitter?

[QUOTE=Fumo;2276461]phew !!!

nice to hear that.

Sorry that I don´t know what you mean with: A3 and w/jitter?

what is the recommended maximum of Jitter and PI errors?[/QUOTE]
Sorry. In a hurry to leave before last post and typed too fast :o. Should have said my A3, like my 1640, tends to show higher jitter than my other scanning drives. That 1640 scan would likely play fine in my set-tops :iagree:. But you will have to monitor your scans vs playback in your machines to get a good sense of what quality score your set-tops require. The quality score is based on PIF’s, and compensates for different drives reporting different PIF max’s. The PIE max should be under 280, so your burn is well within that limit :). And PIE’s are less likely to affect the usability of a disc than PIF’s. In short, it looks good from here, but your own experience will be a better judge than I :iagree:.

all right,

Thanks very much for the help.

:clap:

Fumo