GH20NS10 or GH20NS15 Firmware

vbimport

Hi,
i has flashed the wrong firmware on my GH20NS15 Drive.
How can i extract the lg exe updater to a bin file?
Or has anyone the GH20NS10 or GH20NS15 Drive and can the firmware dumping?

MFG
Anakin94

Sry for my shit english… :eek:

[QUOTE=Anakin94;2564677]
i has flashed the wrong firmware on my GH20NS15 Drive.[/QUOTE]

How did you managed to do that? Which firmware have you flashed and using what software tools? Normally you shouldn’t be able to do that sort of thing … either the drive or the flashing tool will reject it!

Is the drive still recognised by Windows?

[QUOTE=Anakin94;2564677]How can i extract the lg exe updater to a bin file?[/QUOTE]

Its possible, but what exactly are you trying to do with it (just to make sure you don’t make things worse than they are)?
You can use DevilsClaw’s ‘flasher’ to extract the main and the core parts of the GH20NS15 firmware: http://sourceforge.net/projects/flasher/files/.
Normally its the main part which you would need to flash back.

Put the firmware in the same location with flasher and run the tool in the command line as:

flasher -r firmware.exe

I have flashed the firmware from the GH10N Drive and it works,but my drive doesn’t more ignore read errors.
The GH20NS10 firmware works too on the GH20NS15 Drive.
I think its the same firmware.

I have the flasher downloaded,and typed this flasher -r GH20NS15_IL00.exe.
Then i have 2 Bin files (MAIN_GH20NS15_IL00.exe.bin and CORE_GH20NS15_IL00.exe.bin)
What from these two must i flashed at first,the core file or the main file?

MFG
Anakin94

[QUOTE=Anakin94;2564695]I have flashed the firmware from the GH10N Drive and it works,but my drive doesn’t more ignore read errors.
The GH20NS10 firmware works too on the GH20NS15 Drive.
I think its the same firmware.

I have the flasher downloaded,and typed this flasher -r GH20NS15_IL00.exe.
Then i have 2 Bin files (MAIN_GH20NS15_IL00.exe.bin and CORE_GH20NS15_IL00.exe.bin)
What from these two must i flashed at first,the core file or the main file?

MFG
Anakin94[/QUOTE]

GH20NS10 and GH20NS15 have identical hardware, so yes firmwares are interchangeable.

You only need to flash the main firmware. That should do the trick. Flashing the core is not necessary in this case (GH10N has the same core as the GH20NS15). Make sure you power down your machine after flashing!

Maaany Thanks! :wink:
My Drive now works good.

MFG
Anakin94