GH20LS15 read speed for Movie DVD so slow?

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GH20NS10. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]No, I haven’t a GH20NS10 but the menu here does not allow me to select my drive type: a LG GH20LS15 …

When I am using DVD Movie read out software, this is with the LG burner a lot of slower than with my old NEC3540.
So what can I do to speed up the read speed if I am reading a Movie DVD media ?
So far I can see there is NO OTHER FIRMWARE for the GH20LS15 except the original one I already using - JL00 . So is there any other idea for speed up things a bit ? I am already using UDMA-5, so it’s not a matter of interface transfer method. Also, read out of data DVDs is fast (a lot faster than read out of Movie DVDs).
Any hints ?

This Drive has Riplok for Video DVD, for some people a feature. :slight_smile: You can do nothing, than wait for a firmware, than ala42 can do something for you, supporting it with MediaCodeSpeedEdit.

The firmware was already announced three month ago where it belongs: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210819/index3.html#post2111752

Perfect already done :), is there an possibilty that MCSE is some time be able to crossflash this firmware to a GH20 NS10 or LS10.

This did not work good with my drive, but I can send you a preview if you want to try that later.

[QUOTE=ala42;2169172]This did not work good with my drive, but I can send you a preview if you want to try that later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I have time, I like my drive to much to risk it. Do you think there are some more differences between NS10 and NS15 than only Firmwarerevision?

I did not use my GH20NS10 much, so I do not know if the problems I see were caused by the GH20NS15 firmware.

[QUOTE=ala42;2168593]The firmware was already announced three month ago where it belongs: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210819/index3.html#post2111752[/QUOTE]

Huh ? That’s a non modified, original firmware I already got with the drive.
Or am I wrong and it’s an already modified one ?? I don’t think so.
So Riplock will be still there…

You can modify the firmware yourself with the help of MediaCodeSpeed Edit. Start MCSE, load the firmware, set mark at increase read speed, save firmware, flash the modified firmware and enjoy.

[QUOTE=BurningFish;2169867]You can modify the firmware yourself with the help of MediaCodeSpeed Edit. Start MCSE, load the firmware, set mark at increase read speed, save firmware, flash the modified firmware and enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I see. Was thinking only media speed can be changed by MediaCodeSpeedEdit.
Btw.: How can I read out the “old”, original firmware before flashing the new one (to be sure, if it doesn’t work, to be able to restore the old one) ?

You can not, but as the firmware linked above is the one you already have on your drive, that should be no problem.

[QUOTE=ala42;2170101]You can not, but as the firmware linked above is the one you already have on your drive, that should be no problem.[/QUOTE]

I’ve done it, so far no problems occured. Thank you for your assistance.