Getting windows no disk in drive error

hi there using xp sp3 al upto date etc, pc runs fine but after i burn a cd get error on screen says windows no disc please insert disc into drive e same on nero and burn away, have 2 drives have done a repair of xp and swapped drive letters in drive management still the same, here is a screen shot any help would be nice regards baz

[QUOTE=bazer2;2662955]hi there using xp sp3 al upto date etc, pc runs fine but after i burn a cd get error on screen says windows no disc please insert disc into drive e same on nero and burn away, have 2 drives have done a repair of xp and swapped drive letters in drive management still the same, here is a screen shot any help would be nice regards baz[/QUOTE]

Well we need more information on your computer like Manufacturer and Model Number. I work through Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the Drives. If they still fail, do a System Restore to a date everything worked fine. Check your Media too, we like to use Verbatim. Also I use ImgBurn and DVDFab. :cool:

hi there its one i built using an msi mother board amd athlon , have unistalled both drives have no system restore becuse i did a repair to xp have used nero and burnaway thet both work on a 2nd hd i can boot from thanks baz

baz.txt (48.3 KB)

Have you tried clearing the upper and lower filters? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

So, a Burn completes satisfactorily (it appears), then Nero ejects the disk tray, yes?

Then it re-inserts it automatically for some reason - verification?

And this error is then generated?

And you’ve got two burners installed. I’m trying to make sure I understand this process.

hi again, it generates the error but cd does not reinsert itself ,tried to burn an image with imgburn and would not verify here is print screen of error from image burn

You never answered about the filters.

Start ImgBurn. Click on Write files/folders to disc. Click on Tools at the top of the window, then click on Filter Driver Load Order. If there are filters listed here, remove them. Close ImgBurn, reboot.

hi again i did use the tools option in imgburn ther was an upper filter removed them now imgburn works ok but nero and burnaware are still the same with a windows error at the end thanks baz

If only verify is the problem, it could be again an issue with too high verifying speeds which is deadly to some drives…

imgburn works ok its nero and burnaway that always give the error at the end of a successfull burn thanks baz