Getting Started with DVD Duplication

I want to back up my dvds. What is good DVD burner that i can buy at a decent price(internal)? and what is the best software for duplicatiing them? Thanks and by the way what does all that dvd-r dvd+r dvd-rw dvd+rw mean? and what is the best?

Any DVD burner is good for backing up DVD movie’s, its backing up games that seperates them. You can go for Single layer or a Dual Layer burner, I would recommend Dual Layer, but use SL media til the price of DL comes down. As far as software, I think Any-DVD and Clone DVD (the two work together you need both) are one of the best most idiot proof apps out there, but they cost. DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are freeware, but might take a newbie a few goes to work out. DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc. The -/+ symbols are two different formats the data is written in, both are very common now so either are good for movies, provided your burner supports both formats. R stands for Recordable (once) when the data has been written it cannot be erased or written over, its set in stone as it were. The RW stands for ReWritable, so you can erase and write data/movies many times. Good brands of media are: Taiyo Yuden, TDK, Verbatim, Ritek, and ive never had any problems with Imation.(for movies)