Getting rid of the beauty mark

so i was thinking of getting rid of a thumb size beauty mark/mole i’ve had since childhood, so i was wondering, does the operation hurt? is it scary? and what is the worst case scenario if the doctor screws up?

thanks for the help.

Don’t bother … it’ll grow back exactly the same :slight_smile:

Another place on the net might be a better place for information for you.

[QUOTE=coolaid;1924148]what is the worst case scenario if the doctor screws up?[/QUOTE]

(tasteless image)

Tastless post :frowning:

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;1924909]Tastless post :([/QUOTE]

okay okay, got rid of it.

thanks m8 I did not want to over to overreact.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;1924909]Tastless post :([/QUOTE]
Encore … ENCORE!

Well Coolaid, I know that sometimes of birthmarks can be removed by laser surgery, which is relatively painless.

However you also mentioned it was a mole. I would recommend you see your GP, they can assess it and recommend what options you have. I Know some can be removed by a local anaesthetic and a minor procedure in the doctors.

The main question is only something you can answer though. Does Impact your life in a negative way, if yes the find out more info from the professionals.

I hope this helps.

[QUOTE=nathanll;1925927]Well Coolaid, I know that sometimes of birthmarks can be removed by laser surgery, which is relatively painless.

However you also mentioned it was a mole. I would recommend you see your GP, they can assess it and recommend what options you have. I Know some can be removed by a local anaesthetic and a minor procedure in the doctors.

The main question is only something you can answer though. Does Impact your life in a negative way, if yes the find out more info from the professionals.

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

thanks. well the mole swells and hurt once in a while, so i decided to get rid of it. you mention amaesthetic, are they going to put me to sleep or is it really a minor operation like the wisdom teeth? also the laser surgery is also available where i live, but i heard the laser can increase the chance in getting cancer on the face in the future is that correct?

thanks for the help.

From what I have been told, Moles on the face should be surgically removed. They have a root and unless this is removed, they will recur. If they are removed adequately by laser or surgery, a scar will result. Usually a good one - but a scar nonetheless which is about 1 and 1/2 times as long as the mole was in diameter. Dependent on the healing process chances are the scar will be less noticeable than your mole.

:cool::cool:

It is a local anaesthetic, basically they just [I]numb[/I] the area. My mum had one about the size of 10p piece removed from her shoulder. From what she said they just gently scrape it away.
However I do not know enough about it there may be different types of moles.

well i just did mine, using a method called “radio frequency surgery” or something like that, it burned off the mole but i was told that i might have to do another one since the roots are quite deep, the most painful part of all this is when the doc inject the anaesthetic into my face, it hurted so much! i felt like he was jabbing a knife into my face insted of a needle, but overall i didn’t feel a thing when he starts cutting it.

From personal experience, a mole will not grow back, but skin pigmentation will. But they can get ride of that too.