Getting rid of extras on dvd to fit onto dvd+r

vbimport

Hi … Just did my first rip & burn successfully!!

I used DVD Shrink & Nero which sorted the main movie perfectly … BUT … Im sure I read somewhere that there are rippers that can get rid of extra features etc. etc. to get the main movie quality up (DVD-9 original) … DVD Shrink let me reduce the quality of the extras, but not to get rid of them altogether (I think) … are there any other rippers that do?

Also - on DVD Shrink, it tells me that the region will be locked after 5 more changes … does this matter much (my dvd player plays anything)?

Ty ty ty for all your previous help … next step > dvd2svcd + tmpgenc dvd author + CCE = :confused: lol

You can use Smartripper to rip just the movie (no menu , no extra’s etc). This application also makes it region free , removes the css protection and the macrovision protection.

Smartripper can also decode the entire contents of a dvd (just select “all”)

If you would rip it via Smartripper , then you could choose DVDShrink to try and fit all that stuff on to a 4.7Gig output folder. You would not need to “shrink” it again with the copy protection remover.

Hi Belvedere, try Clonedvd and Anydvd.

Anydvd rapes the copy protection and the region restrictions and Clonedvd enables you to sort out those garbage “extras” on the source dvd.

Originally posted by einszweidrei
[B]Hi Belvedere, try Clonedvd and Anydvd.

Anydvd rapes the copy protection and the region restrictions and Clonedvd enables you to sort out those garbage “extras” on the source dvd. [/B]

My solution is free(ware) :slight_smile: , but you are absolutely right.
It works perfectly using your combination as well