Getting pictures from dvd

Here is my problem. I have a dvd with a movie of pictures that were obtained from many different people. This dvd only has two files , Audio and Video. I want to separate the individual pictures so that I can print them out but don’t know just how to do this. I am using a windows 7 based computer nd the helpful hints I have been able to find on the Internet haven’t been much help

[QUOTE=mlowry43;2724945]Here is my problem. I have a dvd with a movie of pictures that were obtained from many different people. This dvd only has two files , Audio and Video. I want to separate the individual pictures so that I can print them out but don’t know just how to do this. I am using a windows 7 based computer nd the helpful hints I have been able to find on the Internet haven’t been much help[/QUOTE]

Alot of confusing questions here?? You have a dvd with movie of pictures but then you later state has two files Audio and Video. So where did the pictures go??? And what kinda DVD is it?

You probably have two different folders, named Video_TS and Audio_TS if this is a standard DVD.

If you want each individual still picture, you would need to use a video player that has a capture function. In VLC media player (which is free to download and use), you would play the movie until you get to the picture you want, then pause playback. Then go to the control bar at the top of VLC media player and click on Video–>Take Snapshot. You should be aware that the quality of the snapshot is not going to be as good as the original picture.

VLC can also do this from it’s right click menu .
Just right click on the screen then Video> Take snapshot.

The old GOM player(I haven’t use it in several years & I don’t have it installed) could take a group of several still images.

I checked through my media players . I had an older version of SMPlayer that takes multiple frame stills. I wanted to make sure a new version would.
There is a portable available & I used it so I wouldn’t need to uninstall the old one & install a new one right now.
One thing you want to do is create a seperate folder for the images some where you can find it. I created one in my windows Pictures folder. Set this in Options/Preferences. The reason is it creates a lot of images very fast. Be prepared to stop the process. Just do a section view them in am image software . Windows Photo Gallery is ok for viewing . Some images will be blurred because it is from a video but some will be clear. Select from those to keep.
http://www.fosshub.com/SMPlayer.html/smplayer-portable-14.3.0.7z