Getting not a valid MPEG file

Hi, I have Microsoft Media Center and a tv card in my Dell. Over the last 6 months when trying to burn recorded tv programs from my hard drive with My Sonic DVD program, I will get the message “not a valid MPEG file”. This did not happen much before and was wondering why this is happening. Most programs I record are the history channel and some kid movies. If their is any advice you can give me that would help me burn programs off my hard drive again, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you.

Run GSPOT against the file in question and post the results here. There are different kinds of mpeg files, just as their are different avi files. If you look up avi and mpeg on wikipedia, you will see what I’m talking about.

Thank you. I have a Dell 8400 Series, Intel P 4, 540, 3.2 GHz and 1MB Cache, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz. Has Serial ATA RAID O With Dual 160GB Hard Drives, Windows Meida Player 10, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, 16X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD +/-RW, Sonic RecordNow Plus and My DVDDeluxe Software for Dual Layer DVD+RW Drives, Multimedia TV Tuner

Hope this will be compatible with GSPOT.

Thanks again

Yup. Just download it and run it against the problem file. It will give you statistics about your file including type, frames, audio, etc…