Getting errors backing up The Painted Veil

Have tried both RipIt4Me and DVDFab. Anyone had luck with this one?

Yes I used DVDFAB Platinum and had no trouble at all. Ripit4me is outdated now, what errors are you getting

Using DVDFab, at 00:02:51 during “Copying VTS_01_1.VOB” I get “Error while reading! Please choose what to do?; Retry, Abort, Ignore, Ignore All” The disc is clean and free of dust. Similar error came up using RipIt at same point. Also, I took the movie back to the store where I bought it and exchanged it telling them it was a bad disc and got a new one. New disc doing same thing at same time. This is my first attempt at using DVDFab so. . . .

I hit ignore so we’ll see if it does okay.

Also, DVDFab only gives a choice of DVD9. I’m running it through DVD Shrink to get it down to 4.7GB. Is this the best option?

Use latest version of DVDFab Platinum. Fab should give option for DVD-5 unless you’re using DVDFab decrypter. and this, Common Setting and click on Read on the left side and then put a tick in circle next to “Ignore all read errors automatically” thanks stormjumper…for the tip…I just love to copy and paste,saves typing… :slight_smile:

Hi o2good2btru,

Please send us all the .IFO files on Original disc, then we will check if there is problem.

A recommended way is listed below:

1. Open an Explorer window, and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
  2. Copy all files ending with .IFO to hard disk.
  3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.
  4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks, that is what you call the compay which has focus on customers.

Id say your being a bit premature. Ripit4me is still a viable ripper for 99% of the movies out there.

Yeah but isn’t this the DVDFab forum? :doh:

I think you misunderstood my friend Jimbo, he did not say it was no longer good to use he was just pointing out the fact that it is no longer being updated for the new copyright protection that is now coming out on the new releases

:cool:

Your correct. It is a Fab forum, so why didnt you also direct your reminder to the OP and jimbo, who also talked about Ripit4me before me?
I was merely correcting a misstatement in this thread. :iagree:

Well, jimbo was pointing out that R4ME was outdated,while you kept pushing it in a Fab forum… :slight_smile: peace!

I didn’t see a misstatement, all I said that was that program was outdated now and wouldn’t be updated to handle the new protection that is coming out :bigsmile:

Actually, to be precise, that is not what you said in post #2.
What you said was “Ripit4me is outdated now”, Period, without any further explanation as to what you meant.
Perhaps my use of misstatment was too stong a word. Perhaps I should have said that your short comment was subject to misinterpretaion, IMHO: and I was merely trying to clarify the matter.

I guess where some see pushing, others see clarification.
Peace to you also.
Anyhow, im done with this.

Agree done with this but outdated only means one thing (no more updates)

Ripit4me is outdated and finished. This is the DVDFab Forum and the Op would not be here if he wanted outdated advise. Ripit4me is gone. Some people just won’t give up.:cop: