Getting disc read errors on nearly every disc

vbimport

New or old. Have made sure the path player is enabled all the time, have shut it off completely, have ignored all errors, have reset dma mode, have done a complete uninstall reinstall. Never had a problem with previous versions of DVDFAb but now getting errors on new discs/ old discs/ brand new discs. Also, I have no idea how to load a log file so please, I need noobish style help. Thanks.

Do you get any error codes in a pop-up window (if so, list them), or just a request to "Ignore…"etc.? Does this same drive play the discs OK if you try to watch them on the PC? Any jerkiness or dropped frames? The log file is located in Documents and settings->Administrator user name->My Documents->DVDFab->Log. The one you would want to post is named dvdfab_burn_vso.log. It is just a text file that you can open with Notepad and copy and paste a few of the entry groups into a post.

[QUOTE=bane34alternate;2107735]New or old. Have made sure the path player is enabled all the time, have shut it off completely, have ignored all errors, have reset dma mode, have done a complete uninstall reinstall. Never had a problem with previous versions of DVDFAb but now getting errors on new discs/ old discs/ brand new discs. Also, I have no idea how to load a log file so please, I need noobish style help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well of from what you have said my first thought was check all the cable connection to your optical drives while you are at it you might as well unplug them and blow the connection off wuth a can of compressed air, hopefully your cables are 80 wire and not 40 wire course this does depend on if we are talking about a desktop pc or a laptop also if it an IDE or SATA this info you did not provide.

It would also help if we knew what your drive are and the firmware for each drive, and the operating system you are running.

Paul your up late, guess I was typing when you posted…slow typer I am

Hi bane34alternate ad welcome to cd freaks,

We definitely need some details as both my good friends have requested.
I guess first off, we need to know…does this burner read at all?
If yes, do you ever get to the burn process?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2107743]Paul your up late, guess I was typing when you posted…slow typer I am[/QUOTE]

Well, apparently not the slowest…:rolleyes::bigsmile:

Sorry to bug you guys, I think i figured it out hopefully. It was a library documentary and I think it has a security strip (to set off the door beeper if you try and steal it). i think that may be interfering with the read process somehow. Ever heard of that happening?

Sure. The disc must be perfectly balanced or it will wobble, which changes the distance between the lens and the disc (focus). Some rental places used to do this, but gave it up since it made so many discs unplayable. If that is the problem, it will usually be worse as the read distance from the center of the disc becomes greater (later in the movie).

@SJ
I was asleep by the time you typed that LOL.

Agree with signals…^
A word of caution…when requesting help, please pay attention to exactly what you are attempting to copy. While I’m not accusing you of anything, the forum rules are clear. You must own the media that you are attempting to copy.

[B]Announcement: Copying rented DVDs is illegal - such discussions are not allowed!.
06-10-2006 alan1476 (Moderator & Software Editor)[/B]