Getting corrupted movie endings

I am using dvdfab and every time I burn a movie, playback goes great until about the last 30 minutes of the movie. I figured I needed to decrease the burning speed and went to change the speed to 2x. I changed the settings, but when I burn a dvd, it still burns much faster by the end (up to 6-8x). I clicked on the green question mark and changed the setting to 2x and even 1x in the “write” section but for some reason it isnt following that. Does anyone have any suggestions on why my movies are skipping and corrupted at the end?

Does the movie play correctly on your pc?
Probably does which would mean that this is a burning issue.
Are your discs rated for 2x burning?
Post the burn log.

The discs are rated for 16x and are the memorex brand. The burned copies freeze and skip on my PC as well. How do I post the burn log?

Look in DVDFab’s settings and see where the temporary directory is set. There you will find a file called dvdfab_burn_vso.log.
It’s most likely the media you’re using but the log can tell more.

[QUOTE=JasonLRRT;2284635]The discs are rated for 16x and are the memorex brand. The burned copies freeze and skip on my PC as well. How do I post the burn log?[/QUOTE]

Just use BETTER media, eg. verbatim.

I see no such folder in the settings for dvdfab. I see the temp folder and the only thing in that folder is the Valkyrie movie with the audio and video for it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place…thank you for your help dialysis guy but I am not really computer savy when it comes to fixing problems. I am an RT, that should tell you everything :sad:

Where does it say your temp files are?
That’s where you need to go.

Example:
C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

[QUOTE=JasonLRRT;2284656]I see no such folder in the settings for dvdfab. I see the temp folder and the only thing in that folder is the Valkyrie movie with the audio and video for it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place…thank you for your help dialysis guy but I am not really computer savy when it comes to fixing problems. I am an RT, that should tell you everything :sad:[/QUOTE]

I’m in agreement with chef - the type of problem you are describing is typical of poor media being used for a burn. (And Maxell is certainly not one of the best…).

Even without seeing a log, would suggest you locate and buy either Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Fuji, or some other good brand, and try again.

By the by, in Windows Explorer, look in C:\Documents And Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Applications\DVDFab. In the DVDFab folder, there will be some sub-folders, one of them being Log. That’s the one you want.

When you first go into it (it’s a text file), there will be a bunch of ‘logs’, all showing more or less exactly the same thing… these are system specs, created each time you start DVDFab, and are NOT what we need to see.

Scroll down the file until you start to see the word Failure and/or Successful as part of the segment. Those are the logs we are looking for (and they’ll be somewhat longer than the ones you see at the top of the file…).

Hope this helps.

OC

:slight_smile: