Getting cdinfo() to work in dbase plus

vbimport

HI all,

Unfortunately I am not using one of the common languages used here, so don’t bite my head off at the start.
I am using dBASE Plus. At the moment I am still trying to find my way around using the com object, as there is obviously no documentation for dbase plus. Suffice to say that I can get a lot of info from the com object. But as I am plundering along, I have hit a snag in that I cannot seem to get the cdinfo function to return anything. I suspect that I should get back a object reference.
Here is the code that I am using, it should be pretty simple to understand

n = new oleautoclient(“nero.nero”) … initiate the nero object, returns a valid object which I can inspect
d = n.getdrives(0) … get a reference to the drives, a valid object which I can inspect
d0 = d.item(0) … get a reference to the dvdr/rw drive, a valid object which I can inspect
x = d0.cdinfo(0) … get a reference to the cdinfo object, return nothing
I understand that calling cdinfo causes the ondoncdinfo event to fire. My problem is that for some reason dbase is not surfacing any of the nero events. ie I cannot see any of the events in the inspector

things like d0.ejectcd(), and d0.loadcd() works fine
I can retrieve the device name, get the variaous read and write speeds and available speeds.
So far I havent gone much further than that.
Could somebody explain in simple terms so that I could translate that into something that dbase could understand

x = d0.cdinfo(0) … get a reference to the cdinfo object, return nothing
I understand that calling cdinfo causes the ondoncdinfo event to fire. My problem is that for some reason dbase is not surfacing any of the nero events. ie I cannot see any of the events in the inspector
Your requirement is very specific in order for anybody to answer precisely, except perhaps dBASE experts. You may find a better answer if you post to a dBASE specific forum and/or a newsgroup as your problem is more of general nature than NeroCOM related. You need to find a way to handle events properly, then you will be able to receive OnDoneCDInfo(). The event handler will provide you with the disc info object. If you can’t handle events, I am afraid there is nothing much you can do except to inspect some objects, which is probably not too useful.