Getting blu ray to work

vbimport

I’m trying to use DVDFab 5.1.0.0 with a new LG drive and a blu ray disc, but am having no luck. DVDFab simple doesn’t recognize the disc as something that can be ripped. I can browse the contents of the disc, but that’s it.

Any ideas?

[quote=dwelzel;2148480]I’m trying to use DVDFab 5.1.0.0 with a new LG drive and a blu ray disc, but am having no luck. DVDFab simple doesn’t recognize the disc as something that can be ripped. I can browse the contents of the disc, but that’s it.

Any ideas?[/quote]
Just 1 idea for you to do… do a search on this issue, it has been discussed many times…
A little time saver for you…it is not supported at this time

Have a nice day :flower:

Welcome to cdfreaks dwelzel! I think you need to read the forum rules again as like StormJumper said this has been discussed lots of times on this forum and a simple search that you was supposed to do before posting would have found them.

Actually I did do a search (many), but wanted to check on the most up to date information. Sometimes things change between a version and threads become invalid.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=dwelzel;2148768]Actually I did do a search (many), but wanted to check on the most up to date information. Sometimes things change between a version and threads become invalid.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

YES,EXACTLY!

[QUOTE=GJ;2148598]Welcome to cdfreaks dwelzel! I think you need to read the forum rules again as like StormJumper said this has been discussed lots of times on this forum and a simple search that you was supposed to do before posting would have found them.[/QUOTE]

HMMM…maybe the mods should post a sticky about this…:rolleyes:
there are 14 already,whats one more?

the thing i dont understand,
is why you would be surprised that people who BUY this software, under the impression that it handles or will handle BD,would expect answers as to the status of this unsupported yet advertised feature?

This isnt freeware!

Personally, I never bought the software with this impression. I’ve owned it for a long time and happened to get a BR drive recently.

I thought it was worth confirming the feature (the DVDFab site is amazingly bad) before spending money on another product.

ive discussed the changing of the web site with fengtao several times. he will acknowledge the idea of making the change, but will not implement the change.

i see it as bad advertising which could/will lead to a bad name if/when blu-ray becomes more mainstream.

for now dvd is all i care about anyways. :slight_smile:

[quote=dwelzel;2148987]Personally, I never bought the software with this impression. I’ve owned it for a long time and happened to get a BR drive recently.

I thought it was worth confirming the feature (the DVDFab site is amazingly bad) before spending money on another product.[/quote]
dwelzel
The program can do backups of HD and BR when used with Xbox360, at least this is what another member had stated a few months back anyway.

I think the issue here is that the caveat saying support is now unofficial was added to the release notes only one time however [U]DVDFab[/U] website still to this day says the following:

DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. [b]It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-ray support (Removes AACS).[/B]

When I read the word “full” I think it should just work with special changes being made including possibly patching my HD/BD drive firmware. This is misleading and people who didn’t see those release notes saying support has become unofficial don’t know any better.

Why not reword the statement on the webpage saying that the support is unofficial? There isn’t technically full support at this time.

I’m not trying to bash anyone here but I can fully understand people being totally confused.

[quote=jwo62;2148954]
the thing i dont understand,
is why you would be surprised that people who BUY this software, under the impression that it handles or will handle BD,would expect answers as to the status of this unsupported yet advertised feature?

This isnt freeware![/quote]
Do a search and you will find the thread that says dvdfab can handle certain bluray and hd dvds up to a certain point but new releases after that point it cannot handle. And actually dvdfab hd decryptor is [B]FREEWARE [/B]but dvdfab gold or platinum is not.

[QUOTE=troy512;2149049]ive discussed the changing of the web site with fengtao several times. he will acknowledge the idea of making the change, but will not implement the change.

i see it as bad advertising which could/will lead to a bad name if/when blu-ray becomes more mainstream.

for now dvd is all i care about anyways. :)[/QUOTE]

[B]I second that[/B]but also blu ray is dying now too - both HD and BLU-RAY are going bye bye. So it may never get too big…?

[QUOTE=GJ;2149148]Do a search and you will find the thread that says dvdfab can handle certain bluray and hd dvds up to a certain point but new releases after that point it cannot handle. And actually dvdfab hd decryptor is [B]FREEWARE [/B]but dvdfab gold or platinum is not.[/QUOTE]

i did a search.

most of the threads that came up ended in “do a search,its been discussed before”

my point about it not being freeware was about dvdfab platinum and gold,not dvdfabdecryptor.
and the point is,when you buy something,you expect support,not be told to go find it yourself.
at least thats the way i see it. and thats what i do when i answer the same old questions in my sub forums. i dont think i have ever told someone “its been discussed before”,i answer the question or post a link.

just put up a damn sticky dvdfab mods!
end of subject.

[quote=jwo62;2150615]i did a search.

most of the threads that came up ended in “do a search,its been discussed before”

my point about it not being freeware was about dvdfab platinum and gold,not dvdfabdecryptor.
and the point is,when you buy something,you expect support,not be told to go find it yourself.
at least thats the way i see it. and thats what i do when i answer the same old questions in my sub forums. i dont think i have ever told someone “its been discussed before”,i answer the question or post a link.

just put up a damn sticky dvdfab mods!
end of subject.[/quote]
Here is a link for the forum rules that you signed up to when you joined this forum http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html . Next time do a better search here is 2 threads about it. Here is the first one http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/fabdvd-hd-decryptor-not-seeing-hd-discs-243748/ and in this second link make sure you read post #16 http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-hd-decryptor-will-again-support-blu-ray-disc-very-soon-250512/ . dvdfab gold and platinum does the same thing as the free version and more. so if the free version can do something then the paid versions will be able to do it too. Here is an extra thread that I found doing searches that you should have done. Read posts #11 and #13 in this link http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-hd-decryptor-wont-recognise-any-blu-ray-disks-249883/#post2126828 in post #13 you said something completely different than what I qouted you saying. Well now you have your links

[QUOTE=jwo62;2126834]yes,i too couldnt find it any more.

many of the replies i read seemed overly defensive. i only saw 1 or 2 posts where people were critical of the program,most just wanted info.

I’m sure dvdfab will work it out in the long run,but i think they would do better to involve the customers in the r&d process. provide a guide and accept feedback.

I’m sure i will be scolded for even bringing this topic up again.[/QUOTE]

what??

that post ony reinforces what i’ve been saying.

i am NOT upset that the program isnt fully functional yet,only that people like you get defensive when people ask the same question over and over. they should ask.

and why do they keep asking over and over? because info gets outdated quickly concerning BD backup. and theres no sticky.

[QUOTE=dwelzel;2148768]Actually I did do a search (many), but wanted to check on the most up to date information. Sometimes things change between a version and threads become invalid.[/QUOTE]

the idea of a sticky is so that people can read them instead of asking a common question.

many of the replies i read DO seem overly defensive.

and that post was specificaly reffering to lack of a guide.

you have to ask,why dont they put up a sticky. or change the description of the product.

it looks just like called false advertising. but im sure its not…
the lack of a sticky or change in description only make it appear intentional.

it almost seems like you are assisting them in this…almost.

I do respect the forum rules,i did search. i did not find a satisfactory answer,just like the others.

actually,the rule that i think applies here is this one:

If you notice a user breaking the rules, please do not bash the user. Please contact the responsible moderator(s) of that forum or an online administrator through Private Messaging or use the ‘Report Bad Post’ function (click the orange exclamation mark in the bottom left corner of the particular post, just below the user’s details) and have him close or delete the thread, this will prevent an unnecessarily negative atmosphere (and the mods won’t get the feeling that someone else is doing their job ).

@dvdfab mods,please put up a sticky about this topic.
this thread is in major ot,it should be locked .

Im sorry brother to disagree, now that microsoft is going to join HD media streaming through x box 360, and sony has PS3, there is going to be HD, and with such media streaming, with logitech, and all the big players joining the media hd frenzy, let alone direct tv mpeg4, and all HD Dish turbo, and even comcast going to HD content., I think the HD bd discs will come down in price, also that dvd decryptors will stay, and the programs like power dvd media streaming, and especially now WIN DVD 9 DVD player program [B][U]upconverts[/U][/B] regular dvd’s to 1080 i and 1080 p right on your pc, the Hd home media center is here to stay. Media extenders are being joined by the big ones more and more. You have Media Lounge, and many others. No brother it is here to stay, media centers for the whole home, using one system on any tv in your home is not too expensive anymore, and not to technical. I think Dvd fab platinum could explore this support more and actually charge for an upgrade to their lifetime subscribers, if they new they would acutally have timely upgrades. Doom 9 recently had the new decode published of the new bd format, code broken by an old vet. Many techs are exploring the breakthough. I do believe HD is getting bigger and will be a part of everyhome having Media Hd extenders in other rooms, not just the main HD TV in your front room. XBOX wireless, and microsoft are making that real. Sincerely Miker3x (Peace Brother) I read your tech all the time.:bow:

windvd9 upconversion is 99% hype, it wokrs only if you have an uber-PC & are playing DVD format.
it will not upcovert avi. wmv etc.

I test drove windvd9 upconversion on a Core 2 Duo PC with a separate soundcard, where it worked but at about 45% CPU, and on a P4 3Ghz PC where CPU went into the 90s and sound went out of sync.

then I found out about the non-removable resident apps it secretly installs ( PSiservice_2.exe) . wiped it & went back to powerdvd!