Getting 3 to 10 split second "freezes" throughout movie

vbimport

I’ve been using the same media for ages and have never had a problem until recently. Updated to 5.3.0 and it still does it. There are really quick pauses that last about a second or two and I get only a few to many depending on the movie. Is it my media? Or could it be something else. Like I said, it’s never happened before and I’ve gone through 75-100 of the same media without it happening. Also, I’ve tried the movie on a different player and get the freezes at the same time.

Appreciate any input or suggestions!

[quote=Scotchwater;2078561]I’ve been using the same media for ages and have never had a problem until recently. Updated to 5.3.0 and it still does it. There are really quick pauses that last about a second or two and I get only a few to many depending on the movie. Is it my media? Or could it be something else. Like I said, it’s never happened before and I’ve gone through 75-100 of the same media without it happening. Also, I’ve tried the movie on a different player and get the freezes at the same time.

Appreciate any input or suggestions![/quote]
Need more info than what you have given us. Your logs from dvdfab, the movie you are trying to back up and the brand of media you are using would be helpful

I’m using Memorex DVD-R, and the movies have been Rambo, Chaos, Bucket List, 3-10 to Yuma and couple more. It’s not so bad that you can’t watch the whole movie, it can go for 20 minutes, then one quick blip.

As GJ said, it’s hard to tell much without a burn log, but I would suggest 1) reduce burn speed to 8X or slower 2) set write mode to SAO in Common Settings->Write. Could also be your burner (dust, dirty lens), other software running during rip/burn, hard drive too full or badly fragmented or something else all together. Try ripping the same movie to a hard drive folder and see if it plays without freezing on your PC.

I have these movies they backed up just fine using dvdfab. Ditch the memorex dvd-r as they are bad media and get some verbatim’s or taiyo yuden’s. Still need the burn logs to help you out. Also do what signals said reduce burn speed and change the write mode from packet to sao

Hey All,

Thanks for all of your help! I’m going to take all of your advice and start with a feeling I’ve got that it may be my hard drive is too full, or a fragment or registry problem. So I’ll start there and start with eliminating this first. Also, appreciate the advice on the proper media and settings! My schedule is a little hectic right now, but I’ll definitely let you know when I get some results!