Get Windows Longhorn Graphics (Avalon) Engine Today

vbimport

Overview
“Avalon” is the code name for Microsoft’s unified presentation subsystem for Windows. It consists of a display engine and a managed-code framework. “Avalon” unifies how Windows creates, displays, and manipulates documents, media, and user interface. This enables developers and designers to create visually-stunning, differentiated user experiences that improve customer connection. When it ships, scheduled for 2006, “Avalon” will be available on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and all future releases of the Windows operating system. When delivered, “Avalon” will become Microsoft’s strategic user interface (UI) technology. The “Avalon” Community Technology Preview (CTP) became available to the MSDN members in November of 2004. It is our pleasure to release the same build to the general public in response to numerous requests.
System Requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Get The Download @ Microsoft Download

PS it is a 200Mb download.

Anyone planning to give it ago? I would but with my slow modem I think it is goig to take a while to get.

downloading now might give it a try on the old duron 1.2

Please report back on problems, feeaures, looks, feeling and so on.

Ive ran the setup which has provided me with an iso of the install cd which im burning now ive also downloaded and installed a beta version of .Net framework 2.0 but i think it comes with the iso but i always like to find the latest online version of whatever software im using, will get back in abit

Its useless! you need to install Visual studio 2005 beta 1, and you have to be registered with m$ or something to get hold of it, oh well

It’s 255 mb’s by the way. Took me 6 mins to download. and now i see Mr.B say it usless. I don’t have Visual Studio 2005 beta 1. Oh well i have it on file now.