Get volume label "new" on all dvd backups

vbimport

I just noticed this. All my backup copies of dvd movies have “New” for a volume label. I use DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0, DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15, and Nero 6.6.0.6 mostly for all my backups. DVD Shrink shows the proper volume label after analysing, but when the burn is complete the volume label on the DVD is displayed as “New”. Is this a bug between Nero and DVD Shrink? I’m using a BenQ 1620 OEM (G7L9 f/w).

I’ve searched for this and could only find this thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=121349&highlight=volume+label

There was no solution as of yet and the last post was a month ago.

Nero’s default label for all media it burns is “New”. To change it look here:

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

But the problem is that dvdshrink gives an option to choose a label for your DVD when you click the backup button. However, it does not follow through on it. You don’t have direct access to the Label tab of Nero when you are backing up a DVD with dvdshrink. DVDshrink uses it’s own label:

However, the label that you put in does not work…you still see New as the volume label. When the DVD is burned.

See the dvdshtink guide here for details:

http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/23_5.html

Burlylord: if you look at that link, a rep from Ahead says that they will have the bug fixed in 6.6.0.7. Wait til then.

Hmmm maybe a bug in the comms with Nero and DVD Shrink?

\\VH////
:confused:

Burlylord: if you look at that link, a rep from Ahead says that they will have the bug fixed in 6.6.0.7. Wait til then

Ok, will do.
Thanks.

Nero 6.3.1.19 does not suffer from this problem. I did have the same issue with 6.6.0.6

why not use dvd decrypter to burn eather directly after shrinking or save as an iso then burn with dvd decrypter.

Yep, latest version of Nero has fixed this problem

This bug has been around for a while and it used to be rather annoying.

My workaround is to output the movie as an ISO. Then launch DVD Decrypter, go to Tools>>ISO>>Change Volume Label. Then just burn the ISO with DVD Decrypter.