I actually managed to do this by connecting the Hard Drive from the palyer directly to my PC. I found the Video files but they had a funny extension that nothing recognised, i think it is *.V01 but can’t remember exactly off the top of my head.
However I copied one of them and just tried changing the file extension at the end. I changed them to *.VOB (the format on DVDs so assume this is a type of mpeg 2 format) and I could then view them in any PC DVD player.
So all lite on did was to change the filename, the format is actually just standard mpeg 2 and not converted or encrypted in any way. Note I never tried *.mpg but I assume that will work as well.