Get rid of bing

I am running
asus am2 m/board
amd 2.6 d/core processor
4 gig 800 mhz ram
nvidia 9500 gt graphics card,1gig ram
160 sata hdd
vista 64 bit home premium
i am finding that ( bing ) m/softs new web browser, seems to lock up. or slow me right down.
is there any way to go back to internet explorer 8. and get bing off my system,
any help please,

Bing is nothing more than Microsoft’s current Web search engine. Your web browser should still be Internet Explorer.

Are you sure that it’s not IE8 that’s locking up? Maybe you or someone else has installed a plugin, and that has “broken” Internet Explorer?

I GOT RID OF BING! It was easy. First i tried everything I read online and it did not work, because this pernicious little program refused to delete. That’s exactly why I don’t care how wonderful it may be, i don’t want to be FORCED to have a particular search engine any more than I want to be FORCED to purchase health insurance… (Fixed the former, still working on the latter problem…)
OK to return your browser to GOOGLE, just open up Firefox and go to the TOOLS section on the address bar. Go to OPTIONS in the Pull Down BOX. You will see the box entitled HOME PAGE with the WRONG search engines title in there. NOW as an EXTRA precaution BEFORE you do any deleting, block in the address and COPY it, so that if you do not get the desired results you can restore the search engine you are using.
NOW to to the HOME PAGE BOX and DELETE the contents. Then type in: http://www.google.com/search. That will put you back to GOOGLE search page as soon as you re-open it! BINGONE!

You don’t have to use internet exploder, use firefox it’s so much better!

[QUOTE=vchristine;2474419]I GOT RID OF BING! It was easy. First i tried everything I read online and it did not work, because this pernicious little program refused to delete. That’s exactly why I don’t care how wonderful it may be, i don’t want to be FORCED to have a particular search engine any more than I want to be FORCED to purchase health insurance… (Fixed the former, still working on the latter problem…)
OK to return your browser to GOOGLE, just open up Firefox and go to the TOOLS section on the address bar. Go to OPTIONS in the Pull Down BOX. You will see the box entitled HOME PAGE with the WRONG search engines title in there. NOW as an EXTRA precaution BEFORE you do any deleting, block in the address and COPY it, so that if you do not get the desired results you can restore the search engine you are using.
NOW to to the HOME PAGE BOX and DELETE the contents. Then type in: http://www.google.com/search. That will put you back to GOOGLE search page as soon as you re-open it! BINGONE![/QUOTE]

A quicker way to assign a website as a home page:
Bring up the website on your browser.
Click & drag the icon in the address bar (left of the "http…) & release it over the “Home” icon (looks like a little house) in the browser’s toolbar.
A confirmation box will pop up asking if you want to make the address your new home address.
Click “Yes/OK” & you’re done.
This works on IE or Firefox.