Get rich , practically for free. No risks. Yeah.. right

vbimport

Source : The Register :

Hacker stunt-double and convicted financial fraudster Kim Schmitz (aka Kimble) is up to his old tricks, this time with a package of techno trickery for making a killing in the stock market. To satisfy the dreams of instant fortune common to those who believe in fairy tales, he’s devised an “AI-based decision system” for share trading which scientifically “selects the optimal combination of trading strategies for current market conditions”.

It’s called Trendax, “the money-making machine,” and it “uses a complex combination of sophisticated technical analysis, real-time content analysis of news feeds, multi-dimensional statistical analysis and advanced proprietary mathematical techniques,” we’re told.

If the technobabble alone isn’t enough of a clue, we might recall that only last Summer a Munich court rewarded Schmitz with a twenty-month suspended sentence for running a stock manipulation scam called Kimvestor expected to net him something in the range of $1.5 million.

Undaunted by his near-jail experience, Schmitz has brought his enviable knowledge of computer science to bear in creating the all-seeing Trendax “AI Brain,” a mighty digital oracle which boasts such features as “neural networks for market movements with multi-dimensional analysis of market conditions using proprietary indicators,” and “lexical analysis, a natural language processor and machine learning.” Even better, it possesses capabilities in “reverse optimization using various mathematical algorithms, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms [and] evolutionary computing.”

Minimum investments of $50,000 in the Trendax fund are now being accepted from those eager to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I guess some bugs are hard to control with pesticide and once in a while they abuse the induhviduals of the internet.

Wonder how many people will fall for this.

Now that’s alot of beutiful words… “multi-dimensional statistics”… yeah right :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Airhead
Now that’s alot of beutiful words… “multi-dimensional statistics”… yeah right :slight_smile:
… and i thought medical terms were difficult to understand … :rolleyes:
“reverse optimization using various mathematical algorithms, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms [and] evolutionary computing.”
. oohh mama :eek:

I dunno about what Kimble is working on, but using computer scripts to automatically buy and sell stock is something that’s been going on for years. In Mount Pleasant SC I toured the offices of a company that makes millions of dollars by programming a hundreds of bots that analyze the trends of a stock and buy and sell when the time is right. The parking lot was filled with Porsches and Hummers–these guys make a killing. The trades are very quick, on the order of a few seconds. The market officials approve of this kind of trading because it adds liquidity to the market, since these bots let people unload stock quickly if the situation is favorable. Something like 4% of all trades on the market involve this firm of 30 or so people and their army of hundreds of linux boxes. Pretty amazing stuff.
You can check em out at http://www.atdesk.com

I dunno…maybe there’s something in this:

I could use its fuzzy logic modelling to predict and harness the apparently arbitrary whims of my boss.:bigsmile: