Get passkey for free, lifetime!

vbimport

During a special promotion and only until 31 August you can get DVDFab’s powerful Passkey for DVD and Blu-ray, TOTALLY FREE, LIFETIME LICENSE!!! Click on this link: http://www.dvdfab.cn/promotion.htm

No tricks, just enter your email address and you will receive a key.

That’s one of the best offers ever! :cool:

Get it while you can folks!

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yeah, whatever they are smoking will wear off sooner or later. Or maybe it’s the tea.:eek:

[QUOTE=signals;2758459]During a special promotion and [B]only until 31 August [/B]you can get DVDFab’s powerful [B]Passkey for DVD [B]and[/B] Blu-ray[/B], TOTALLY FREE, LIFETIME LICENSE!!! Click on this link: http://www.dvdfab.cn/promotion.htm

No tricks, just enter your email address and you will receive a key.[/QUOTE]

I clicked on link you put on here and it said get Passkey for 20 days. Where did lifetime go

It is lifetime, the offer expires in 20 days. See the image below.

The Godfather just made you an offer you can’t rufuse, LOL.:bow:

To let members know here & without naming any other decryption software .
There is a decryption software that won’t work if you install Passkey .
I wasn’t sure that this was still the case but Kerry56 verified this.
It didn’t work for Kerry56 on a VM either.
The only solutions are to install Passkey on a separate OS . This can just be on a different partition of a hard drive or a seperate hard drive with a seperate OS.
The other solution is to uninstall the other decrypter .

Passkey doesn’t have a problem working with the other decrypter installed.
It is the other softwares problem .
IMO a bad business practice . There software is good enough they shouldn’t need to do this . It is certainly a mark against them with me.

Hi Alan

Yeah, I thought about him earlier this week. :wink: Ciao

[QUOTE=cholla;2758503]To let members know here & without naming any other decryption software .
There is a decryption software that won’t work if you install Passkey .
I wasn’t sure that this was still the case but Kerry56 verified this.
It didn’t work for Kerry56 on a VM either.
The only solutions are to install Passkey on a separate OS . This can just be on a different partition of a hard drive or a seperate hard drive with a seperate OS.
The other solution is to uninstall the other decrypter .

Passkey doesn’t have a problem working with the other decrypter installed.
It is the other softwares problem .
IMO a bad business practice . There software is good enough they shouldn’t need to do this . It is certainly a mark against them with me.[/QUOTE]Hi cholla
To respond to some of your points:
There is no technically necessary reason that both can’t coexist, as Passkey’s operation demonstrates. The “other one” gives its dire warning even if you completely exit Passkey. It is also possible to edit the registry entries for the lower Class filters and reboot to switch from Passkey to the other decrypter. As you correctly note, it is not a Passkey problem. As to the business practices, it is not as simple a thing as it may appear on the surface and most I think will be happy to have it. Does not really effect users in any event.

It does effect a user who would just like to have both installed & not need to take special registry editing steps & a reboot to get the complaining decrypter to work.

The other way would be to uninstall the oter decrypter except when someone wanted or needed to use it. Then uninstall Passkey & install the other decrypter again.

I’m using my solution. So for me no problem. I just boot into a different OS with Passkey only or into the one with the other decrypter only.

Are you saying the problem is both programs install a lower class filter of there own ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2758515]…
Are you saying the problem is both programs install a lower class filter of there own ?[/QUOTE]Passkey does not have a problem if the other is disabled or not running, but yes, that is what they do.

Could the other decrypters problem be that the Passkey driver(filter) is first in the load order ?

I was checking out the problem at the other decrypters site.
They have a bad attitude about DVDFab .
Here is a quote but the other decrypters name have been altered to conform to this sub-forums rules.

1. Start ImgBurn, go to “Tools” > “Filter Driver Load Order”

2. Select “dvdfab”. Click “Remove Selected Filter”.

3. Click “ok” and Reboot

We will not tolerate that running in the (my edit: )[B]Other decrypter[/B] process, period.
Frank Hollander

(my edit: )[B]Other decrypter[/B] Inc., Support Team

[QUOTE=cholla;2758527]Could the other decrypters problem be that the Passkey driver(filter) is first in the load order ?[/QUOTE]

Here is a forum thread that explains it a bit better.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?48728-AnyDVD-(HD)-6-8-3-0-official/page2

Thanks Gummigutta , The thread in the link is 2011. You would think in four years there would have been a solution .

These are quotes from the link . The first one doesn’t seem like any effort to fix this is going to be done. Four years later the same proves that is the case.

I don’t see myself putting several hours of my time into making (my edit: )[B]Other decrypter[/B] “compatible” with a competing product that is completely superfluous to start with, when (my edit: )[B]Other decrypter[/B] is installed… (?)

This quote says the problem is the “Passkey” driver being loaded in the filter chain .
That is apparently even if Passkey has not been started .
I did find the “Passkey” driver in the DVD drive Properties/Drivers/Driver Details as dvdfab.sys .

It is also in the Windows registry as a string value Name “LowerFilters” data dvdfab .

The simple core of it: the passkey driver is running - and that, in the end, is the component doing the job. If that is what you mean with “actively running”, the loaded driver in the filter chain is enough.

The question about the quotes below is sort of asked below.
[B]Is the Passkey driver (dvdfab.sys) loaded & running even when Passkey isn’t “Started” or active ?[/B]

With passkey on, the disc is (at least partially) decrypted and that causes a mess - especially because passkey doesn’t do the job to the end, it leaves some sort of “hybrid” protected/unprotected disc behind.

as long as the passkey driver is running, I risk invalid hashes to be transmitted to our protection database, because passkey doesn’t work correctly.

Do the DVD/BD drives use dvdfab.sys even when Passkey hasn’t been started ?

I don’t know . If there is a method to check this maybe someone can post it.

If the DVD/BD drives use dvdfab.sys even when Passkey isn’t started maybe that is the problem . I doubt that is what’s happening .

Since I don’t have both Passkey & the [B]Other decrypter[/B] installed on the same OS I can’t check to see which driver loads or which loads first . Even if I knew how.

@ signals since you have both installed . Is there a way to detect this ?
Does the Passkey driver get loaded & used by the DVD/BD drives first ?
Even when Passkey isn’t started ?
From the “Filter Driver Load Order” you posted it would seem the dvdfab driver loads first.
Of course I don’t know if this was with both decrypters started . Or if either or both were off.

Right now it seems to me just the presence of the Passkey driver is enough to get the warning . If it is inactive when Passkey is off then it shouldn’t cause the problem that the [B]Other decrypter[/B] claims it does .

[QUOTE=signals;2758487]Yeah, whatever they are smoking will wear off sooner or later. Or maybe it’s the tea.:eek:[/QUOTE]

LOL, well it’s good while it lasts! :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Exposing once again the reason for my Myce ‘signature’ :o, may I ask what Passkey would add to my toolbox if I already have DVD Copy, DVD Ripper, Blu-Ray Copy, and Blu-Ray Ripper?

Hi,

I seem to be having some problems activating “Passkey for DVD and Blu-ray”. It will activate with the License Key sent to my email address but after a re-boot a Protection Error pops up twice which is Error 198 and i have to activate the license again. This happens all the time. I’m not sure if i have done something wrong (Most Probably) or the program is not working or functioning correctly.

Note this is for the free lifetime giveaway.

This is on a Win 7 64 machine running in Boot Camp.

Regards and thanks for any help in advance.

@ rosariorose9 , If you have the [B]Other decrypter[/B] you probably don’t need Passkey . If you don’t that is where Passkey can be a useful tool.
It can be used with other software that don’t have a built in or updated decrypter.
Some examples: DVDShrink , ISOPuzzle , IsoBuster .
I could list some others but none of the above are considered competitors with DVDFab & usually can be posted in the DVDFab sub-forum.

[QUOTE=ronald739;2758625]It will activate with the License Key sent to my email address but after a re-boot a Protection Error pops up twice which is Error 198 and i have to activate the license again.[/QUOTE]

Did you try to register with admin privileges or as limited user?

@ roadworker , I suspect the problem is Boot Camp .
I did a quick Google on it & decided it was something I couldn’t help with.