Get my RMA plextor 716a from my vendor

vbimport

Actually they replace me with a new drive. TLA#0306, newer than my fault TLA#0203. I’ve tried my scan and i though my drive are ok now. Thx all guy before to help me find out my drive problem.

i found the PIE value after 3.5G were quite high, therefore i did a writer transfer test. The result is quite interesting, tdkmedia[ttg02] (red line) was limited to 6x, and verbatim (mcc003) writing speed drop near 4g. This is the reason for the high PIE i thought. My question is, is it a fault media problem? i 've flashed my 716a to fw1.07 already.

A maximum PIE count of 54 is not bad at all so personally I wouldn’t worry about that scan. You might want to perform a SUM8 test just to be sure that there aren’t any spikes in that scan because, generally speaking, the SUM8 scan reveals possible problem areas better than a SUM1 or BURST scan. Personally speaking, after I burn a disc I run it through Nero CD-DVD Speed’s Read Speed test and if the graph is smooth, it’s a good burn (for me). You can also use PlexTools to perform a Read Speed test but I prefer Nero CD-DVD Speed because it starts up quicker.

i think GF meant “perform a SUM1 test” and “the SUM1 scan reveals possible problem areas better than a SUM8 or BURST scan.”

your turn in the corner GF :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ouch! Touché! :stuck_out_tongue: You’re completely right, SUM1 reveals problem areas sooner than SUM8!

thanks for not just editing your post and making me look like an A-hole :wink:

lol @ DrPino. You’re funny. :bigsmile:

insert Joe Pesci’s “How am I funny?” dialog from Goodfellas here… :wink: hehe…

Good one! Got a laugh out of that. :slight_smile:

drpino, you know that Gamefreak will edit his post when you’re asleep.

nah, he wouldn’t do something like that…would he?

FYI, I can edit anyone’s post… beware of what you say! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, if I make a mistake I’m glad we have so many forum members that can correct me! Seriously, the Plextor Forum has developed a lot over the last couple of years. Maybe it’s because with their DVD burners there has been a lot more stuff to talk about :wink: