Get into the DivX scene!

vbimport

The people over there need to learn more about CD's!

They're amazed about burning Data in mode 2, saying that CIRC doesn't exist, and refusing to believe that you can't burn DVD's with a CD burner using "firmware hacks".

It's driving me slightly more insane!

Brings back memories of my cousin who heard you could write CDs and came home with a 10-pack of CD-Rs, not realising this could not be done on a regular CD-ROM and you need a CD-writer…

This was a couple of years back now, but the memory still sticks with me :wink:

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]The people over there need to learn more about CD’s!

They’re amazed about burning Data in mode 2, saying that CIRC doesn’t exist, and refusing to believe that you can’t burn DVD’s with a CD burner using “firmware hacks”.

It’s driving me slightly more insane! [/B]

Which web site are you talking about?

www.divx.com ?

I gave up posting there over a year ago, after having racked up nearly 500. I found most people there dumber than 5 mules.

I was the one who revealed that “Project Mayo” was nothing more than a commercial enterprise getting beta testers for free. Even after the company had $5 million waiting to be spent.

http://forums.divx.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11642&forum=5

It didn’t sit well with Dan Marlin (BetaBoy-Admin of the site). But he couldn’t really refute it either. He knew I was right. It caused quite a furor. In the end, it didn’t mean anything. People are actually paying for DivX 5 Pro. But many of the Mod’s quit over it.

I still refuse to use DivX 4 or 5.

SBC or nothing at all.

I was the one who revealed that “Project Mayo” was nothing more than a commercial enterprise getting beta testers for free. Even after the company had $5 million waiting to be spent.

Well, they weren’t quite getting them for free. They didn’t use any CVS code (Except for sparky’s. But they took it off, and started paying him.

They did use people under false pretenses, though, learning what they could, getting a name for themselves, and then making people pay.