Germany company Txtr to launch $12 e-reader this month

vbimport

I just posted the article Germany company Txtr to launch $12 e-reader this month.

The German company Txtr will soon release a small and cheap e-reader called Txtr Beagle. It’s low priced and can’t be compared to the average e-reader

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/germany-company-txtr-to-launch-12-e-reader-this-month-64245/](http://www.myce.com/news/germany-company-txtr-to-launch-12-e-reader-this-month-64245/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This thing looks pretty nice. But it should be seven inches instead of just five, and I wonder if they will release a Windows driver so books can be transferred from a laptop.

[QUOTE=BradWright;2658770]This thing looks pretty nice. But it should be seven inches instead of just five, and I wonder if they will release a Windows driver so books can be transferred from a laptop.[/QUOTE]

I bet lots of guys think it should be 7 inches instead of 5. Well, I guess women think the same thing.

Haha Duke, nice burn.

I already bought my wife a nice tablet to read books and she is quite happy with it. But this may be great to take to the beach and not have to worry about it getting wet or stolen.

Well, if 7" is better, than 10"… nevermind…

This kind of device would be nice as a “FREE” value-added sale to other “expsensiveish” tablets or smartphones which cost hundreds… there isn’t a big reader market otherwise…
I’m more of an audio-book person, would NOT have gotten through the Harry Potter novels otherwise…

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2658855]Well, if 7" is better, than 10"… nevermind…

This kind of device would be nice as a “FREE” value-added sale to other “expsensiveish” tablets or smartphones which cost hundreds… there isn’t a big reader market otherwise…
I’m more of an audio-book person, would NOT have gotten through the Harry Potter novels otherwise…[/QUOTE]
And yet most women would agree that guys with big e-readers are so overconfident with the size of their e-reader, that they’ve never learned to read well :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the fact that it uses AAA batteries… almost no tablets of any kind use off the shelf batteries anymore… such as media players, cameras, smart phones etc. The best you can hope for is an usb power pack powered by aaa batteries… or SLA battery.

I pity the fool that ends up using a tablet with a LI-ION battery as a remote control!

The Txtr Beagle e-reader will cost just $13,[I] [B]but there’s a catch[/B][/I]
"…according to a report in Der Spiegel, the Beagle is going to be something called a “companion reader,” and will be sold as an add-on with a new smartphone contract. This subsidized pricing model means the price shortfall will probably find its way into your monthly payments.

The device is still a prototype, and isn’t likely to launch anywhere except Germany this side of Christmas,…"

That’s ok still. I remember T-Mobile ( I think) was giving away one of those Asus EEEpc notebooks with a contract. The people were selling these on Ebay like hotcakes. I’ll bet if you keep looking on ebay that you can find these readers as well.