German government: Windows 8 is a security risk

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: German government: Windows 8 is a security risk[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/05/myce-windows8-desktop-670x410.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/german-government-windows-8-is-a-security-risk-68510/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Trusted Computing is a snake pit, and when version 2.0 arrives in 2015 there is going to be a sh*tstorm of reactions from computer enthusiasts around the net. You think DRM is intrusive now…wait till it completely infiltrates the hardware that you are using.

This isn’t just a Windows 8 issue.

Looks like my trusty Atari 800 and Space Invaders Cartridge will be soldiering along for a bit longer. As for my serious needs, when XP is no longer useable a stable flavour of Linux (per German advise) gets the nod.

Why do they call it “Trusted Computing”, anyway? There’s obviously no trust happening at all! Microsoft doesn’t trust me, and I don’t trust them! There’s no more love in commercial software, anymore. And too think… Microsoft once described Linux as the equivalent of communism. How backwards is that?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2696803]Trusted Computing is a snake pit, and when version 2.0 arrives in 2015 there is going to be a sh*tstorm of reactions from computer enthusiasts around the net. You think DRM is intrusive now…wait till it completely infiltrates the hardware that you are using.

This isn’t just a Windows 8 issue.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know exactly all what you intended with your post but I have had a feeling for some time that ‘they’ would one day lockdown hardware to the extent that it would decide more or less what processes it will allow.

We can see a schedule (future) of sorts that MS intends right now and it definitely doesn’t favor the consumer.

There is going to a “slave” generation in the future since our present generations don’t value the old time higher ideals.

I can’t find an admirable element in Trusted Computing Standards. Their goal seems solely focused by Sony-Media Types for their singular benefit. I don’t understand what possible benefit the hardware (or other software) groups find in TC Standards. Richard Stallman’s article over on GNU ends up calling it “treacherous computing” and sometimes I think it’s just Terror Computing Standards.

Start Screen locks us into WinStore-Only Apps which locks us into Per-Use Subscriber Payments and then, a refusal to follow that allows Trusted Computing components to shut down all functions.

Just for Sony (et al) to collect far more on patents and licensing fees than they’ve ever collected on tickets or disc’s sold payments?!!

Well, MasterCard Visa don’t make their kajillions off of our interest payments. They make it off of that transaction fee, that “switching” fee.

At least the Visa and MasterCard companies don’t forcibly shut down your services as a consequence for also using PayPal. That’s pretty much what companies like Sony and Microsoft will be doing real soon.

TSJ, true - we’ll have the triumvirate of credit score companies do that! “Can’t get a job. Can’t be allowed to keep a job. No access to automated fund services or plastic.”

I wonder if the BOZOS ON THIS BUS album will come true?

Like any M$ OS was not a security risk.

w 8.1 will be even more crappier ri$ky.